test

traymond160
Hi all,

Sorry but still having major problems with GMAIL with encryption.

I think theres a setting in "subject" then if encryption is used theres a setting there, but this
does not show up in my Android tablet.  The last message that I sent with my Android
was encrypted.

Google's lack of customer support is hard to get any help with these issues, so I was
hoping someone on this list may know how to configure Gmail so no encryption is used, seems Google is forcing this on their customers.

Funny Microsoft has quit using the Chrome browser in Windows seems they are not impressed with it at all, Im beginning to feel the same about Googles Gmail.

So anyway sorry to being off topic but just frustrated with Google.

Re: test

Justin-2
Gmail does not natively support end to end encryption in the manner you describe, so I doubt that the issue is with Gmail functions.  Apple Mail does put the option to sign or encrypt with S/MIME on the subject line on macOS and the recipient line on iOS (a lock icon will appear blue if it validates an S/MIME public key for the recipient(s) which can be tapped to turn off encryption).  The odds that you accidentally installed an S/MIME certificate on any platform are virtually nil.

Google does not enforce encryption between mail servers, but it will throw a warning if you receive email from someone whose SMTP server either does not use TLS, or uses it improperly, when you receive an SMTP relay from a server with either of those problems.  While I wonder about the scale of the energy cost of encrypting everyone’s goddamn cat pictures in transit, it’s kind of par for the course now.  Since the only real standard for end to end email encryption is S/MIME, but it is not arbitrarily implementable since there is no global issuance for or directory of public keys/signing certificates, only the business Gmail clients support it (in a manageable but somewhat compromised fashion).  Some clients other than the official Gmail client on an Android device do support S/MIME or PGP, but many third party applications for Android have the same origin story as Swamp Thing and using PGP for email is like programming a VCR from 1985 for most people...

Microsoft removed the Chrome installer from their Windows 10 store because Google submitted an app that did not really install and the persistently update Chrome from within the Microsoft Store.

Justin

> On Dec 23, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Terry Raymond <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry but still having major problems with GMAIL with encryption.
>
> I think theres a setting in "subject" then if encryption is used theres a setting there, but this
> does not show up in my Android tablet.  The last message that I sent with my Android
> was encrypted.
>
> Google's lack of customer support is hard to get any help with these issues, so I was
> hoping someone on this list may know how to configure Gmail so no encryption is used, seems Google is forcing this on their customers.
>
> Funny Microsoft has quit using the Chrome browser in Windows seems they are not impressed with it at all, Im beginning to feel the same about Googles Gmail.
>
> So anyway sorry to being off topic but just frustrated with Google.
>
> Terry Raymond

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: test

traymond160
Well thats the issue one of my posts to CBM hackers was somehow Encrypted.
GMAIL  I found out has this setting for Mobile devices:
1- Open Gmail app
2- In bottom right tap "compose"
3- in TO, "" cc,Bcc field enter recepients email address
4- On right of "subject" field, look for NO TLS (OPEN PADALOCK)

The fourth option does not appear in GMAIL app no padalock, so why then would it send my email to CBM hacking as encrypted then?

I finally did find a Google professional that might help with this issue, finally after looking on their forum all day, gee.

So anyway will see if this Gal from Google can help with this issue, I do apoligize the other day for my post coming in as
total Garbage not sure why its doing that.

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Justin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gmail does not natively support end to end encryption in the manner you describe, so I doubt that the issue is with Gmail functions.  Apple Mail does put the option to sign or encrypt with S/MIME on the subject line on macOS and the recipient line on iOS (a lock icon will appear blue if it validates an S/MIME public key for the recipient(s) which can be tapped to turn off encryption).  The odds that you accidentally installed an S/MIME certificate on any platform are virtually nil.

Google does not enforce encryption between mail servers, but it will throw a warning if you receive email from someone whose SMTP server either does not use TLS, or uses it improperly, when you receive an SMTP relay from a server with either of those problems.  While I wonder about the scale of the energy cost of encrypting everyone’s goddamn cat pictures in transit, it’s kind of par for the course now.  Since the only real standard for end to end email encryption is S/MIME, but it is not arbitrarily implementable since there is no global issuance for or directory of public keys/signing certificates, only the business Gmail clients support it (in a manageable but somewhat compromised fashion).  Some clients other than the official Gmail client on an Android device do support S/MIME or PGP, but many third party applications for Android have the same origin story as Swamp Thing and using PGP for email is like programming a VCR from 1985 for most people...

Microsoft removed the Chrome installer from their Windows 10 store because Google submitted an app that did not really install and the persistently update Chrome from within the Microsoft Store.

Justin

> On Dec 23, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Terry Raymond <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry but still having major problems with GMAIL with encryption.
>
> I think theres a setting in "subject" then if encryption is used theres a setting there, but this
> does not show up in my Android tablet.  The last message that I sent with my Android
> was encrypted.
>
> Google's lack of customer support is hard to get any help with these issues, so I was
> hoping someone on this list may know how to configure Gmail so no encryption is used, seems Google is forcing this on their customers.
>
> Funny Microsoft has quit using the Chrome browser in Windows seems they are not impressed with it at all, Im beginning to feel the same about Googles Gmail.
>
> So anyway sorry to being off topic but just frustrated with Google.
>
> Terry Raymond

Re: test

Justin-2
TLS is transport layer security.  It has nothing to do with encrypting the contents of your email for the rest of us. When you see that in the Gmail app you are being warned that the connections between the email servers for Gmail and CBM-hackers are not encrypted over the wire.  If you are worried that the Soviets are trying to collect your Commodore hacks and cat pictures in transit, then worry about this.  Otherwise, I recommend egg nog.

Justin

> [...]
>
> Justin
>
> > On Dec 23, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Terry Raymond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Sorry but still having major problems with GMAIL with encryption.
> >
> > I think theres a setting in "subject" then if encryption is used theres a setting there, but this
> > does not show up in my Android tablet.  The last message that I sent with my Android
> > was encrypted.
> >
> > Google's lack of customer support is hard to get any help with these issues, so I was
> > hoping someone on this list may know how to configure Gmail so no encryption is used, seems Google is forcing this on their customers.
> >
> > Funny Microsoft has quit using the Chrome browser in Windows seems they are not impressed with it at all, Im beginning to feel the same about Googles Gmail.
> >
> > So anyway sorry to being off topic but just frustrated with Google.

earth1dome1
Or just wish some YouTube research and holiday cheer.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device