replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000

Didier Derny
Hi

I have a commodore 8032 motherboard
and a 64k extension but the cable is missing

I've not found any schematics for the 64k extension...
I guess the cable is 1 to 1 except for VCC  (+5v)  ?
any idea where I could find the components ?
specially the connector to plug in the 6502 socket ?


I'm thinking to make a a small board to plug on the 6502 socket
and use a standard connector for the cable...

thanks







       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000

Mike Stein
What's wrong with one of these (in stock at Mouser):
https://b2b.harting.com/ebusiness/en_us/DIP-KONTAKDON-40-POL-SEK/09170409622

Failing that, Steve has a little breakout board for his VMD project; in addition to just the address pins it also brings out all 40 pins along the edges:
http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/projects/vmd/index.html

m


----- Original Message -----
From: "didier derny" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 5:09 AM
Subject: replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000


> Hi
>
> I have a commodore 8032 motherboard
> and a 64k extension but the cable is missing
>
> I've not found any schematics for the 64k extension...
> I guess the cable is 1 to 1 except for VCC (+5v) ?
> any idea where I could find the components ?
> specially the connector to plug in the 6502 socket ?
>
>
> I'm thinking to make a a small board to plug on the 6502 socket
> and use a standard connector for the cable...
>
> thanks
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000

silverdr-2
In reply to this post by Didier Derny

> On 2017-08-21, at 11:09, didier derny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I have a commodore 8032 motherboard
> and a 64k extension but the cable is missing
>
> I've not found any schematics for the 64k extension...
> I guess the cable is 1 to 1 except for VCC  (+5v)  ?
> any idea where I could find the components ?
> specially the connector to plug in the 6502 socket ?

I am not completely sure what you are looking for but if you need something like a DIP40 (6502 socket) to flat ribbon cable IDC adapter then I have those. Used them for earlier DD3 boards and had to buy more than I actually needed.

--
SD! - http://e4aws.silverdr.com/


       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000

Didier Derny
I'm looking for this cable:  (the flat cable between the board and the
6502 socket) shown on page 5 and 10 of this document:

http://mikenaberezny.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/users-guide.pdf



On 22/08/2017 09:04, [hidden email] wrote:

>> On 2017-08-21, at 11:09, didier derny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a commodore 8032 motherboard
>> and a 64k extension but the cable is missing
>>
>> I've not found any schematics for the 64k extension...
>> I guess the cable is 1 to 1 except for VCC  (+5v)  ?
>> any idea where I could find the components ?
>> specially the connector to plug in the 6502 socket ?
> I am not completely sure what you are looking for but if you need something like a DIP40 (6502 socket) to flat ribbon cable IDC adapter then I have those. Used them for earlier DD3 boards and had to buy more than I actually needed.
>


       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000

silverdr-2

> On 2017-08-22, at 22:23, didier derny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm looking for this cable:  (the flat cable between the board and the 6502 socket) shown on page 5 and 10 of this document:
>
> http://mikenaberezny.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/users-guide.pdf

As much as I can see it's basically the same I used for the early DD3 boards. I have all the components then. Maybe even some ready cables but not sure what length is exactly needed. Mine are most probably shorter

http://e4aws.silverdr.com/resources/dolphindos3/cable_length_f.jpg

but it's easy to build any desired length.

--
SD! - http://e4aws.silverdr.com/


       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: replacing the cable between the 64 extension for the commodore 8000

Didier Derny
I have to check with the board but the length seems ok


Le 22/08/2017 à 22:30, [hidden email] a écrit :

>> On 2017-08-22, at 22:23, didier derny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for this cable:  (the flat cable between the board and the 6502 socket) shown on page 5 and 10 of this document:
>>
>> http://mikenaberezny.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/users-guide.pdf
> As much as I can see it's basically the same I used for the early DD3 boards. I have all the components then. Maybe even some ready cables but not sure what length is exactly needed. Mine are most probably shorter
>
> http://e4aws.silverdr.com/resources/dolphindos3/cable_length_f.jpg
>
> but it's easy to build any desired length.
>


       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list