quick D64 check?

Francesco Messineo
Hi all,

it seems to me that the D64 image at this link:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/jason-ranheim/promos%20software/disk%20d64/

has an empty directory.

I'm no "d64" expert, I don't play with them too much. Can anyone
confirm it's not my problem?
Thanks

Re: quick D64 check?

David Wood-2
Seems pretty empty to me, too.  I checked using VICE's C1541 utility.

c1541 #8> dir
0 "PROMOS 2.0      " 00 2a
Empty image
664 blocks free.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 4:44 AM, Francesco Messineo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

it seems to me that the D64 image at this link:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/jason-ranheim/promos%20software/disk%20d64/

has an empty directory.

I'm no "d64" expert, I don't play with them too much. Can anyone
confirm it's not my problem?
Thanks

Re: quick D64 check?

Francesco Messineo
Thanks.
I just wrote it to a real floppy and it was empty. It always worked
with other images before this. I have only noticed that sometimes I
had to run a V0 (validate) on the written floppy to have the correct
blocks free. I guess this is a problem with the images themselves, not
the method I use (cbmlink+parallel cable) to transfer them.
Frank

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM, David Wood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems pretty empty to me, too.  I checked using VICE's C1541 utility.
>
> c1541 #8> dir
> 0 "PROMOS 2.0      " 00 2a
> Empty image
> 664 blocks free.
>

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 4:44 AM, Francesco Messineo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it seems to me that the D64 image at this link:
>>

>> http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/jason-ranheim/promos%20software/disk%20d64/
>>
>> has an empty directory.
>>
>> I'm no "d64" expert, I don't play with them too much. Can anyone
>> confirm it's not my problem?
>> Thanks
>> Frank
>>
>>        Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Re: quick D64 check?

Anders Carlsson
David Wood wrote:

> Seems pretty empty to me, too.  I checked using VICE's C1541 utility.
> c1541 #8> dir
> 0 "PROMOS 2.0      " 00 2a
> Empty image
> 664 blocks free.

Yes, the directory is supposed to look like this:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/jason-ranheim/promos%20software/disk%20binaries/DISKDIR.TXT

In that directory, you'll find the binaries that likely are supposed to be
on the D64 image so you probably could recreate the image from those files.

Best regards

Anders Carlsson

Re: quick D64 check?

Francesco Messineo
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Anders Carlsson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> David Wood wrote:
>
>> Seems pretty empty to me, too.  I checked using VICE's C1541 utility.
>> c1541 #8> dir
>> 0 "PROMOS 2.0      " 00 2a
>> Empty image
>> 664 blocks free.
>

> Yes, the directory is supposed to look like this:
>
> http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/jason-ranheim/promos%20software/disk%20binaries/DISKDIR.TXT
>
> In that directory, you'll find the binaries that likely are supposed to be
> on the D64 image so you probably could recreate the image from those files.

yes, I just copied the files one by one and the program loads fine on
a C64. I renamed them as the per the DISKDIR.TXT content.

Re: quick D64 check?

william degnan
Anyone use the old(?) D64 editor program found here:

This is what I use, never had a reason to switch to VICE although I am sure they're basically the same thing.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 7:48 AM, Anders Carlsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
David Wood wrote:

Seems pretty empty to me, too.  I checked using VICE's C1541 utility.
c1541 #8> dir
0 "PROMOS 2.0      " 00 2a
Empty image
664 blocks free.

Yes, the directory is supposed to look like this:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/jason-ranheim/promos%20software/disk%20binaries/DISKDIR.TXT

In that directory, you'll find the binaries that likely are supposed to be on the D64 image so you probably could recreate the image from those files.

Best regards

Anders Carlsson

Re: quick D64 check?

Ethan Dicks
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 8:00 AM, william degnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone use the old(?) D64 editor program found here:
> http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/d64editor/

Never seen it before, but since it only runs on one operating system,
that would probably explain it.

Re: quick D64 check?

Leif Bloomquist
D64 Editor is very good, used it a lot.

There's also Dirmaster, many more features:
http://style64.org/release/dirmaster-v3.1.0-style

--
Leif Bloomquist | [hidden email] | +1 416-737-2328 | Check out
my blog! http://www.jammingsignal.com

"Every choice, no matter how small, begins a new story." - xkcd

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 8:00 AM, william degnan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone use the old(?) D64 editor program found here:
> http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/d64editor/
>
> This is what I use, never had a reason to switch to VICE although I am sure
> they're basically the same thing.

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 7:48 AM, Anders Carlsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> David Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Seems pretty empty to me, too.  I checked using VICE's C1541 utility.
>>> c1541 #8> dir
>>> 0 "PROMOS 2.0      " 00 2a
>>> Empty image
>>> 664 blocks free.
>>

>> Yes, the directory is supposed to look like this:
>>

>> http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/jason-ranheim/promos%20software/disk%20binaries/DISKDIR.TXT
>>
>> In that directory, you'll find the binaries that likely are supposed to be
>> on the D64 image so you probably could recreate the image from those files.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Anders Carlsson
>>

>>       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Re: quick D64 check?

traymond
You can find File Master on the internet this will display any emulator images and creates them.
Terry Raymond

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Leif Bloomquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
D64 Editor is very good, used it a lot.

There's also Dirmaster, many more features:
http://style64.org/release/dirmaster-v3.1.0-style

--
Leif Bloomquist | [hidden email] | <a href="tel:%2B1%20416-737-2328" value="+14167372328">+1 416-737-2328 | Check out