ps/2 for cbm 700

Didier Derny
I'm making a ps2 interface for the cbm 700
but I have very little information on this machine  (not seen it since 1984/1985)

Apparently there are not connector inside the machine ?
only a DB25 connector   ?

from the schematics on zimmer I made this table:

SIGNAL PORT PIN 6525 PIN DB25
ROW0 PC0 25 13
ROW1 PC1 26 19
ROW2 PC2 27 20
ROW3 PC3 28 21
ROW4 PC4 29 23
ROW5 PC5 30 13

COL0 PA0 2 12
COL1 PA1 3 11
COL2 PA2 4 10
COL3 PA3 5 9
COL4 PA4 6 8
COL5 PA5 7 7
COL6 PA6 8 6
COL7 PA7 9 5
COL8 PB0 10 17
COL9 PB1 11 4
COL10 PB2 12 16
COL11 PB3 13 3
COL12 PB4 14 15
COL13 PB5 15 2
COL14 PB6 16 14
COL15 PB7 17 1

GND

22
GND

23
GND

24

could you confirm if it's correct
- not sure row/col are not inverted
- not sure the col number are not inverted
- not sure the row number are not inverted

thanks

Re: ps/2 for cbm 700

I send you this link previously: PET Keyboard Expansion Project

You'll see at the bottom the 700 keyboard matrix wiring and connector pinouts at the bottom. I hope my diagrams are clear enough.

Steve

Re: ps/2 for cbm 700

Den Sat, 24 Mar 2018 10:00:13 +0100 skrev didier derny
<[hidden email]>:
> I'm making a ps2 interface for the cbm 700
> but I have very little information on this machine  (not seen it
> since 1984/1985)
>
> Apparently there are not connector inside the machine ?
> only a DB25 connector   ?

All B series with buildt in monitor have external keyboards, so DB25
is correct.

> could you confirm if it's correct
> - not sure row/col are not inverted
> - not sure the col number are not inverted
> - not sure the row number are not inverted

Do you have a machine yourself? If so it should be trivial to measure
yourself.

Re: ps/2 for cbm 700

Didier Derny
Hi

no  I don't have one,  I m about to receive a motherboard of 710

that's why I'm making a ps2 interface

I finally found several document about the 700

and Steve sent me the information, I already had it but I had some
problems to identify the correct boards...