microtext (fwd)

Marko Mäkelä-2
Does anyone have any ideas about this?

        Marko
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 10:29:23 +0000
From: Enrico Tedeschi <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: microtext

Hello,

can you please help?

I am looking for the program (on tape or disc) to drive the Microtext
teletext adaptor for the C64.

Any idea?

Thank you

enrico

Re: microtext (fwd)

Larry Anderson
> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 10:29:23 +0000
> From: Enrico Tedeschi <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: microtext
>
> Hello,
>
> can you please help?
>
> I am looking for the program (on tape or disc) to drive the Microtext
> teletext adaptor for the C64.
>
> Any idea?

When I read teletext I think of three things, RTTY (Radio Teletype), TDD
(Telephone for the Deaf & Disabled) which would be like a terminal that uses
BAUDOUT, or an NAPLPS reception unit (spelling may be off) which is a
graphics/text protocol used in like Prodigy I think Comuserve at one time,
once broadcast with some TV network feeds, and a couple other places.

Enrico, could you reply to: [hidden email] and describe what this
Microtext thing is..  I have an RTTY disk somewhere that might have something,
not sure though.

--
01000011 01001111 01001101 01001101 01000100 01001111 01010010 01000101
Larry Anderson - Sysop of Silicon Realms BBS (209) 754-1363 - 2400 baud

Re: microtext (fwd)

Peter Karlsson
> Enrico, could you reply to: [hidden email] and describe what this
> Microtext thing is..  I have an RTTY disk somewhere that might have something,
> not sure though.

If I remember correctly, Microtext was a cartridge which has a video input
in one end, in which you plug in the output from your tv/video, to be able
to read the teletext on the computer. I saw an ad and a short review for it
in a Swedish magazine called "Oberoende COMputer" ("Uafhengig COMputer" in
Denmark, the Swedish version was in part a translation of the Danish). There
also was a TV tuner that you plugged in to the back of the teletext
cartridge, so you could plug the antenna cable in directly.

Software was available on tape, and the main program was in BASIC, so it
could be modified (which the reviewer liked, since it was easy to add
support for Swedish characters to it).

The device was built and sold by a British company.

I always wanted to have one of those... :-)

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

-