mc3446N vs mc3446AP

Didier Derny
hi

when I tried to buy some 3446 I was told that the AP and N were
compatible...

I've just discovered something strange

when I have a 3446N on UA20 and a 3446AP on UB17and UC12  the bus works

when I have a 3446AP on UA20  2 symptomes :

     - device not found

     - no response    "catalog   no output"

any idea ?

Re: mc3446N vs mc3446AP

Christian Dirks
The 'N' one has the pull-up and pull-down resistors integrated,
the 'AP' one has not.

Christian

Am 14.10.2016 um 22:38 schrieb didier derny:

> hi
>
> when I tried to buy some 3446 I was told that the AP and N were
> compatible...
>
> I've just discovered something strange
>
> when I have a 3446N on UA20 and a 3446AP on UB17and UC12  the bus works
>
> when I have a 3446AP on UA20  2 symptomes :
>
>     - device not found
>
>     - no response    "catalog   no output"
>

> any idea ?

Christian Dirks

Re: mc3446N vs mc3446AP

Didier Derny
Hi Christian :)

thanks for the information...

On 14/10/2016 22:51, Christian Dirks wrote:

> The 'N' one has the pull-up and pull-down resistors integrated,
> the 'AP' one has not.
>
> Christian
>
> Am 14.10.2016 um 22:38 schrieb didier derny:
>> hi
>>
>> when I tried to buy some 3446 I was told that the AP and N were
>> compatible...
>>
>> I've just discovered something strange
>>
>> when I have a 3446N on UA20 and a 3446AP on UB17and UC12  the bus works
>>
>> when I have a 3446AP on UA20  2 symptomes :
>>
>>      - device not found
>>
>>      - no response    "catalog   no output"
>>

>> any idea ?
>>

>>        Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Re: mc3446N vs mc3446AP

Nils Eilers
> The 'N' one has the pull-up and pull-down resistors integrated,
> the 'AP' one has not.

I've heard this claim before but today I tried to actually check some MC3446 data sheets.
I haven't been able to find anything there but found various websites listing the MC3446AP as a replacement part for MC3446N.

So I'm wondering if this is only a myth or are there any data sheets out there where any possible difference between MC3446N and MC3446AP are clarified?

Links to PDF datasheets are more than welcome!

Nils

Re: mc3446N vs mc3446AP

Didier Derny
yes I had the same problem, heard that they were compatible but no
datasheet for the mc3446AP

On 15/10/2016 16:26, Nils Eilers wrote:

>> The 'N' one has the pull-up and pull-down resistors integrated,
>> the 'AP' one has not.
> I've heard this claim before but today I tried to actually check some MC3446 data sheets.
> I haven't been able to find anything there but found various websites listing the MC3446AP as a replacement part for MC3446N.
>
> So I'm wondering if this is only a myth or are there any data sheets out there where any possible difference between MC3446N and MC3446AP are clarified?
>
> Links to PDF datasheets are more than welcome!
>
> Nils
>

>         Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Re: mc3446N vs mc3446AP

Mike Naberezny
On 10/15/16 8:43 AM, didier derny wrote:
> yes I had the same problem, heard that they were compatible but no datasheet
> for the mc3446AP

The Motorola "Linear and Interface Integrated Circuits" data book (1990
edition) has a datasheet for the MC3446A.  It says the "P" suffix means
plastic package.  The description and pin connection diagram indicate that it
has internal termination resistors.

https://archive.org/stream/MotorolaLinearInterfaceIcDataBook1990#page/n1119/mode/2up

Regards,
Mike