madison zram (cpmaker)

I was checking the schematics / manual to understand how it worked..
some chip references are hard to read, (blurred on the schematics)
any idea if it exist a list of component somewhere
many can be guessed... more difficult from some others...

for example  U34   any idea ?
it's used for the mapping....

thanks

Re: madison zram (cpmaker)

Francesco Messineo
On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 1:57 PM, didier derny <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was checking the schematics / manual to understand how it worked..
> some chip references are hard to read, (blurred on the schematics)
> any idea if it exist a list of component somewhere
> many can be guessed... more difficult from some others...
>
> for example  U34   any idea ?
> it's used for the mapping...

it's an 82S131 TTL PROM (or equivalent).
If we want to make a replica, someone with an original board needs to
dump this prom content.

Frank IZ8DWF

Re: madison zram (cpmaker)

Didier Derny
Thanks for the information, it confirm what I thought  (a prom seemed
logical but no way to decode the reference)

I'm trying to make an excel with a list of component U1 .. U49

I can deduce many component but I still have 6 or 7 hole and 1 or 2 nor
confirmed..

a high quality photo would help, but I only found something quite small
where refrences are unreadable

on my photo (from Mike website), U36 is empty   (74LS74 on the schematics)

and I can't find U1 on the schematics...

On 03/06/2017 21:37, Francesco Messineo wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 1:57 PM, didier derny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was checking the schematics / manual to understand how it worked..
>> some chip references are hard to read, (blurred on the schematics)
>> any idea if it exist a list of component somewhere
>> many can be guessed... more difficult from some others...
>>
>> for example  U34   any idea ?
>> it's used for the mapping...
> it's an 82S131 TTL PROM (or equivalent).
> If we want to make a replica, someone with an original board needs to
> dump this prom content.
>
> Frank IZ8DWF
>
>         Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Re: madison zram (cpmaker)

Mike Naberezny
On 6/3/17 4:57 AM, didier derny wrote:
> I was checking the schematics / manual to understand how it worked..
> some chip references are hard to read, (blurred on the schematics)

When I made my page about the Z-RAM, I only had photocopies of the manual and
schematic so those were what I scanned.  Since then, I've found a set of
originals.  I just scanned the schematic and updated the link on my page.  It
is more readable than the old one.

http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/pet-cbm/madison-computer-z-ram/

Regards,
Mike

--
Mike Naberezny ([hidden email]) http://6502.org

Re: madison zram (cpmaker)

Didier Derny
Hi Mike

thanks for these new resources, they are really great..

now I can cross most of the information between photo / schematics

I'll send the excel later

thanks

On 04/06/2017 01:55, Mike Naberezny wrote:

> On 6/3/17 4:57 AM, didier derny wrote:
>> I was checking the schematics / manual to understand how it worked..
>> some chip references are hard to read, (blurred on the schematics)
>
> When I made my page about the Z-RAM, I only had photocopies of the
> manual and schematic so those were what I scanned.  Since then, I've
> found a set of originals.  I just scanned the schematic and updated
> the link on my page.  It is more readable than the old one.
>
> http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/pet-cbm/madison-computer-z-ram/
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Re: madison zram (cpmaker)

In attachment the first list of  chips for the zram board
1st column     'LOC'   location  U1..U49
2nd columm  'CHIP'  reference of the chip
3rd  column  'SCM'  flag present if match the schematics
4th  column 'IMG'   flag present if match the photo
5th  a comment, special cases...

I've not been able to locate U1 on the schematics (I might have missed it)
U36 présent in the schematics is absent on the photo.. (component
present but not installed)

On 04/06/2017 01:55, Mike Naberezny wrote:

> On 6/3/17 4:57 AM, didier derny wrote:
>> I was checking the schematics / manual to understand how it worked..
>> some chip references are hard to read, (blurred on the schematics)
>
> When I made my page about the Z-RAM, I only had photocopies of the
> manual and schematic so those were what I scanned.  Since then, I've
> found a set of originals.  I just scanned the schematic and updated
> the link on my page.  It is more readable than the old one.
>
> http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/pet-cbm/madison-computer-z-ram/
>
> Regards,
> Mike

zram-components.xlsx (13K) Download Attachment