looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

Tonguç Endem
This post was updated on .
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the diagnostics disk for the CBM8296.

you can see the contents of this disk below from the old "ICPUG CBM/PET library" catalog.

The interesting thing about this disk is that it seems there is an english version of the LOS-96 inside.

LOS-96 it the Loadable Operating System for CBM 8x96 computers from commodore.
The only available LOS-96 disk on the internet has some german stuff inside.
But it seems that the below disk has english LOS-96 inside in addition to 8x96 diagnostics software.

Here are a couple screenshots of LOS-96 during boot.

and here is the contents of the disk I'm trying to find.
this catalog could be found at tripod as petlibrary here
Do a search in the page for '8296' and you'll find it.

1 POKE 59468,14:PRINT " ":LIST
2 " ********************************
3 " *** OK to copy but NOT to ****
4 " *** be sold or published ****
5 " *** for profit. ****
6 " ********************************
7 " * To the best of our knowledge *
8 " * the programs on this disk *
9 " * are in the public domain. *
10 " * *
11 " * Should this not be the case, *
12 " * please contact us at ICPUG. *
13 " * *
14 " ********************************
15 "
16 " some of the stuff on this disk may be in BASIC 2
17 " and work best on 40 col screens
18 "
19 :rem text screen = poke 59468,14
20 :rem to use printer
21 :rem open1,4,7:print#1:close1:open1,4:cmd1:list
22 :rem when listing finished type in 'print#1:close'
23 REM
24 "*** 1 "diagnostics " ds 2c
25 "*** 23 "burnin8296" prg
26 "*** 87 "8296d diagnostic" prg
27 "*** 13 "8032.mem.prg" prg
28 "*** 11 "per FOR mance test" prg
29 "*** 91 "los.......110m" prg
30 "*** 5 "start-catal.cv0p" prg
31 "*** 4 "start/call..cu1p" prg
32 "*** 2 "call.e65169.cu0m" prg
33 "*** 1 "tab.e32614..cu0m" prg
34 "*** 3 "index m ON i TO r" prg
35 "*** 3 "cs(catal-screen)" prg
36 "*** 2 "err OR codes.ct0p" prg
37 "*** 2 "lower boundary" prg
38 "*** 5 "catal.......cv0p" prg
39 "*** 4 "call........cu1p" prg
40 "*** 1 "start.cat-screen" prg
41 "*** 13 "8000 test" prg
42 "*** 5 "check disk" prg
43 "*** 15 "diagnostic boot" prg
44 "*** 4 "PRINT er test" prg
45 "*** 13 "4000 test" prg
46 "*** 13 "4032&8050 test" prg
47 "*** 46 "discdiags" prg
48 "*** 45 "discdiag" prg
49 "*** 45 "ma TO rdiscdiag" prg for the mator shark hard disk drive
50 "*** 47 "full 8050 test" prg
51 "*** 55 "alignment prog" prg
52 "*** 67 "speed adjustment" prg
53 "*** 15 "pll checking" prg
54 "*** 33 "digital brd test" prg
55 "*** 11 "4032 test" prg
56 "*** 15 "8032 test" prg
57 "*** 10 "baud rate test" prg
58 "*** 54 "rigid.final" prg
59 "*** 13 "8096 mem.prog" prg
60 "*** 11 "8250 per" prg
61 "*** 10 "perf" prg
62 "*** 10 "perf1" prg
63 "*** 10 "perf test" prg
64 "this disk was donated by david stone of southend
65 "
66 " ************************* that's all folks ************

Now if you compare the contents above with the contents of the LOS-96 german disk below, the above seems better and more complete :-)

I would really appreciate anyone's help in locating the ICPUG CBM/PET library files or this disk.

Thanks a lot.

Re: looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

AndyG
Have you looked here

Cheers

<http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/file/t374815/Screen_Shot_1.png>

<http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/file/t374815/Screen_Shot_2.png>

<http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/file/t374815/Screen_Shot_3.png>

<http://petlibrary.tripod.com/index2c.html>

--
Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

Re: looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

Tonguç Endem
Yes, there's only the system disk there.

Here is the contents of that system disk.

Sent from the cbm-hackers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

Steve Gray

Yes, there's only the system disk there.

Here is the contents of that system disk.

Sent from the cbm-hackers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

Tonguç Endem
Thnx Steve but zimmers.net ONLY have the files from the german LOS-96 floppy and manuals, it's not even a proper floppy image.
The LOS-96 floppy image I have is coming from an archive of funet.fi.
Also, the files zimmers have are just for the LOS-96, it's not the '8296 diagnostics disk (with english LOS-96)'.

Sent from the cbm-hackers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

MiaM
Den Fri, 2 Mar 2018 22:05:59 -0700 (MST) skrev Tonguç Endem
<[hidden email]>:
> Steve Gray wrote >
> http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/pet/os/LOS-96/
> <http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/pet/os/LOS-96/index.html>
> Thnx Steve but zimmers.net ONLY have the files from the german LOS-96
> floppy and manuals, it's not even a proper floppy image. The LOS-96
> floppy image I have is coming from an archive of funet.fi. Also, the
> files zimmers have are just for the LOS-96, it's not the '8296
> diagnostics disk (with english LOS-96)'.

Afaik zimmers is a mirror of the funet site, with some more recent
additions.

Re: looking for the diagnostics disk for the 8296 (includes LOS-96)

Tonguç Endem
MiaM wrote
Afaik zimmers is a mirror of the funet site, with some more recent additions.
You're right, the one I found was actually from André Fachat at 6502.org:
http://www.6502.org/users/andre/petindex/soft/los96-disk.tar.gz
It's very interesting that both zimmers.net and André both have the same gzipped file and the one from 6502.org/André is a folder of files too just like the one at zimmers.net but the one in 6502.org/André also has the floppy image together with the program files as well :-)

As you have mentioned the following two are the same.
http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/pet/os/LOS-96/los96.tar.gz
http://www.commodore.ca/manuals/funet/cbm/pet/os/LOS-96/los96.tar.gz

The problem is that all these are the german version.

Sent from the cbm-hackers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.