firmware for 8296

Didier Derny
Any chance to use a set of eprom for the 8032 in a 8296  ?

or there are some special initialization  ?

I was thinking to use   8032  basic / 8032 kernel / Steve editor rom for
8032 (using special config for composite + use of c64 keyboard)

thanks

Re: firmware for 8296

Christian Dirks
You can use a 27128 EPROM for UE7, but you have to arrange the contents
in the right order:

$Cxxx
$Dxxx
$Bxxx
$Fxxx

Christian

--
Christian Dirks
[hidden email]

2. Stellv. Vorsitzender
Verein zum Erhalt klassischer Computer e.V.
http://www.classic-computing.de/

Re: firmware for 8296

Yes, the firmware is the same. The only exception is the 8296-D where the video timing differs due to a different monitor I presume.
I suppose if you're using composite it doesn't matter though. That reminds me, I need to work on C64 keyboard support.

Just a question (for any PET users)... would anyone be interested in a composite output solution that works on the USER PORT? I'm thinking of making a board with composite and RGBI  (for 1084 monitors etc) output, and perhaps an audio DAC as well.

Steve

Re: firmware for 8296

André Fachat

Am 16. März 2018 21:16:55 schrieb Steve Gray <[hidden email]>:

Just a question (for any PET users)... would anyone be interested in a composite output solution that works on the USER PORT? I'm thinking of making a board with composite and RGBI  (for 1084 monitors etc) output, and perhaps an audio DAC as well.

Yes! I've rebuilt the CBM-II solution for my PET replica, but still looking for a setup for an unmodified pet e.g. to check the video signal or to test the board with many power cycles with the original monitor switched off to save it from the stress of being swtchd on and off all the time.