components for C64 etc

traymond
Duh and apoligies I googled
Tantulum Capacitors and thats one component that is damaged on my C128.

Also Packet Dip resistors.

I guess im blind I cannot make out though what the part numbers are if anybody could tell me whats used on any of the C64's or C128's?

The Dip packet resistors to desolder seem to melt the plastic package so I have only been able to remove them in pieces LOL, so maybe using solder sucker or desolder gun, very quickly so as not to melt the plastic packet (package).

I found the Tantulum Capacitor and Packet Dip resistor on Jameco, but
would I need to remove these components and read the OHM's value with a voltage meter?

Just to confirm if this is the correct way of finding the right part.

So I had to think about how this might be done, maybe, if youre getting older and cant read small numbers anymore, get magnifying glass.  :)

Re: components for C64 etc

Clockmeister
Maybe it's just me but I'm confused as to why you would start replacing
resistors and caps randomly in diagnosing a C128 with a black screen.

On 30/10/2016 7:35 AM, Terry Raymond wrote:

> Duh and apoligies I googled
> Tantulum Capacitors and thats one component that is damaged on my C128.
>
> Also Packet Dip resistors.
>
> I guess im blind I cannot make out though what the part numbers are if
> anybody could tell me whats used on any of the C64's or C128's?
>
> The Dip packet resistors to desolder seem to melt the plastic package
> so I have only been able to remove them in pieces LOL, so maybe using
> solder sucker or desolder gun, very quickly so as not to melt the
> plastic packet (package).
>
> I found the Tantulum Capacitor and Packet Dip resistor on Jameco, but
> would I need to remove these components and read the OHM's value with
> a voltage meter?
>
> Just to confirm if this is the correct way of finding the right part.
>
> So I had to think about how this might be done, maybe, if youre
> getting older and cant read small numbers anymore, get magnifying
> glass.  :)
>
> Terry Raymond

Re: components for C64 etc

traymond
I brought out Clocky that some of these components cases are damaged so
they need replaced.

Terry Raymond