Vector CP-Maker / Madison Z-RAM RS-232 interface

Vector CP-Maker / Madison Z-RAM RS-232 interface

Tonguç Endem
This post was updated on .
Hi Everyone,

My initial post was a bit too long so I decided to make it simpler. :-)

Z-Ram's manual indicates that it has an RS-232 interface.
Did anyone ever use it?

Here is what the manual says:

Using the CP/M RS-232 serial port
Under CP/M, Z-RAM gives you a fully bidirectional RS-232 serial port which you can use to run a printer, or, by using what is referred to as the "reader" and "punch", you can configure the port to accept a modem, plotter or other peripheral that is not supported in the standard CP/M system.

The manual also provides the following diagram for RS-232 connections.

Shouldn't there be a TTL/RS-232 level converter with this circuit, I mean we wouldn't want +/-13 volts on the computer or on the expansion board right?
I'm not even sure where this connector is supposed to go, probably the user port but I can not be sure
Note that the diagram says 'TTL level connector' so it seems it's a half-ass interface.
Does anyone make any sense out of this? Can anyone understand where this connector goes to?

Thanks.

Re: Vector CP-Maker / Madison Z-RAM RS-232 interface

Tonguç Endem
I found a review of CP/Maker on ICPUG Newsletter Vol5, No2 March 1983.
http://archive.6502.org/publications/icpug/icpug_v05_i02_mar_1983.pdf
it's at page 120 (34 on pdf)

Here is the part I'm interested in:

Now this ok but the following is the part that is confusing to me since I thought RS-232 was already included.

isn't £450 a bit weird? This is not what I understood from the manual.
I'm hoping someone will shine some light on this at some point :-)

Sent from the cbm-hackers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.