VICE - keypress on power-up

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl
Is there a way (other than patching) to simulate keypress on power-up with VICE?

Re: VICE - keypress on power-up

Groepaz
Am Freitag, 12. Oktober 2018, 13:59:24 CEST schrieb [hidden email]:
> Is there a way (other than patching) to simulate keypress on power-up with
> VICE?

what can be done is holding a key, then select "hard reset" from the menu,
that equals holding a key at poweron.

what do you need this for? just curious :)

--

http://hitmen.eu                 http://ar.pokefinder.org
http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net  http://magicdisk.untergrund.net

Neue Standarts sind der Tot für die persöhnliche Freiheit und das schon seid
Jahren, seit ihr euch dessen überhaupt bewusst?

Re: VICE - keypress on power-up

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl

> On 2018-10-12, at 14:03, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Is there a way (other than patching) to simulate keypress on power-up with
>> VICE?
>
> what can be done is holding a key, then select "hard reset" from the menu,
> that equals holding a key at poweron.

That works, thanks!

> what do you need this for? just curious :)

Testing custom power-up sequence with key selections. BTW - seems like I found a difference between how VICE and real hardware behaves during this early init process.

Re: VICE - keypress on power-up

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl

> On 2018-10-12, at 15:05, [hidden email] wrote:
>

>> On 2018-10-12, at 14:03, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way (other than patching) to simulate keypress on power-up with
>>> VICE?
>>
>> what can be done is holding a key, then select "hard reset" from the menu,
>> that equals holding a key at poweron.
>
> That works, thanks!

Too quick. Actually it doesn't seem to work like the real machine, unless given some initial delay. And even when given it (or not) I still encounter some SIGSEGVs every now and then. I'll try updating to the latest version and give it another go.

Re: VICE - keypress on power-up

Bas Wassink
On 2018-10-12 16:56, [hidden email] wrote:

>>> what can be done is holding a key, then select "hard reset" from the menu,
>>> that equals holding a key at poweron.
>> That works, thanks!
> Too quick. Actually it doesn't seem to work like the real machine, unless given some initial delay. And even when given it (or not) I still encounter some SIGSEGVs every now and then. I'll try updating to the latest version and give it another go.

Once you've updated VICE to trunk and the bug(s) persist, please post a
bug report on VICE's bugtracker. Preferably with how you compiled VICE
and how to reproduce the bug.

/compyx

Re: VICE - keypress on power-up

Am Freitag, 12. Oktober 2018, 16:56:10 CEST schrieb [hidden email]:

> >> what can be done is holding a key, then select "hard reset" from the
> >> menu,
> >> that equals holding a key at poweron.
> >
> > That works, thanks!
>
> Too quick. Actually it doesn't seem to work like the real machine, unless
> given some initial delay. And even when given it (or not) I still encounter
> some SIGSEGVs every now and then. I'll try updating to the latest version
> and give it another go.

please report on the bugtracker :)

--

http://hitmen.eu                 http://ar.pokefinder.org
http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net  http://magicdisk.untergrund.net

Das Wort "frei" im Titel der Wikipedia bezieht sich hingegen nur auf die
verwendete Lizenz.
<avatar, Wikipedia Admin>

Re: VICE - keypress on power-up

>>> what can be done is holding a key, then select "hard reset" from the menu,
>>> that equals holding a key at poweron.
>>
>> That works, thanks!
>
> Too quick. Actually it doesn't seem to work like the real machine, unless given some initial delay. And even when given it (or not) I still encounter some SIGSEGVs every now and then. I'll try updating to the latest version and give it another go.

Compiled 3.2 but it behaves the same.

Re: VICE - keypress on power-up

https://sourceforge.net/p/vice-emu/bugs/1059/