Superscript file format

Browsing the CBUG disks, I noticed that almost all text files are meant
to be read with SuperScript, which I don't have. But upon inspection,
they look just like text files with some escape sequences embedded in
various places.

Thus my question: is there any kind of documentation on what these
sequences mean, which would allow to build a converter from SuperScript
something modern (like HTML)?

Re: Superscript file format

Groepaz
Am Sonntag, 2. September 2018, 20:23:38 CEST schrieb Michał Pleban:

> Hello!
>
> Browsing the CBUG disks, I noticed that almost all text files are meant
> to be read with SuperScript, which I don't have. But upon inspection,
> they look just like text files with some escape sequences embedded in
> various places.
>
> Thus my question: is there any kind of documentation on what these
> sequences mean, which would allow to build a converter from SuperScript
> something modern (like HTML)?

shot in the dark - the pc64 emulator came with some tool that could convert/
display various c64 text formats. i'd try this one :)

--

http://hitmen.eu                 http://ar.pokefinder.org
http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net  http://magicdisk.untergrund.net

Mit Statistiken kann ich alles beweisen, nur nicht die Wahrheit.

Re: Superscript file format

Bill Degnan

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 2:40 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 2. September 2018, 20:23:38 CEST schrieb Michał Pleban:
> Hello!
>
> Browsing the CBUG disks, I noticed that almost all text files are meant
> to be read with SuperScript, which I don't have. But upon inspection,
> they look just like text files with some escape sequences embedded in
> various places.
>
> Thus my question: is there any kind of documentation on what these
> sequences mean, which would allow to build a converter from SuperScript
> something modern (like HTML)?

shot in the dark - the pc64 emulator came with some tool that could convert/
display various c64 text formats. i'd try this one :)

Here is a copy of the SuperScript II program, given to me by Bruce Fierson, it's not copy protected.

Maybe this will help uncover what it is about the Scripsit program format that is different, but if I was to guess I'd say Scripsit has a header to give a printer instructions.  When you create your working disk I think it asks what kind of printer you have and a few other things like that and saves this to your working copy program disk.

If you or anyone wants a new, shrinkwrapped (or mostly in-tact shrinkwrap) copy of SuperScript II, I make offer plus shipping.  I will ship in a flat-rate US to worldwide box, you can look up the price for shipping usps.com

I have two left of my original box and then they're gone.  The software comes with 3-ring binder documentation, disk.  I believe 8050 format.

I also have about 6 or so SuperBase II copies.  I believe one can read SuperScript programs using SuperBase

Bill

Re: Superscript file format

Bill Degnan wrote:

> Here is a copy of the SuperScript II program, given to me by Bruce
> Fierson, it's not copy protected.
> http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/D80_BSeries/SUPERSCRIPTII.D80

Thank you! I will download it and give it a go.

> Maybe this will help uncover what it is about the Scripsit program
> format that is different, but if I was to guess I'd say Scripsit has a
> header to give a printer instructions.  When you create your working
> disk I think it asks what kind of printer you have and a few other
> things like that and saves this to your working copy program disk.

Hm, then it would follow that the escape sequences in the files might be
simply printer commands. If that is so, it should be farily easy to
decipher them. I will download printer documentation from Zimmers and
give it a go.

Re: Superscript file format

Bill Degnan

Typos corrected:

If you or anyone wants a new, shrinkwrapped (or mostly in-tact shrinkwrap) original factory copy of SuperScript II, make offer.  I will ship worldwide in a flat-rate usps.com box. You can look up the price for shipping at usps.com

I have two copies left  The software comes in a standard size 3-ring binder containing documentation and the program disk.  I believe it's 8050 format.

I also have about 6 or so SuperBase II copies.  I believe one can read SuperScript files using SuperBase

Bill

Re: Superscript file format

encrypted.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Superscript file format

[hidden email] wrote:

> shot in the dark - the pc64 emulator came with some tool that could convert/
> display various c64 text formats. i'd try this one :)

Thank you. I downloaded it and it does contain some program called
"CBMTEXT.EXE"; however, it doesn't appear to run on 64-bit Windows. I
will try it later on my development XP machine.

Re: Superscript file format

Den Sun, 2 Sep 2018 21:51:13 +0000 skrev [hidden email]:

A 13 byte PGP encrypted message? :O