Stuff from Dennis Jarvis

Re: Stuff from Dennis Jarvis

Clockmeister
Cheers, working now.

On 13/06/2017 12:30 PM, Steve Gray wrote:

> They are working for me. try clearing your cache.
> Steve

Re: Stuff from Dennis Jarvis

On 13/06/2017 05:17, Steve Gray wrote:
> Hi,
> Just a note... I have updated my Dennis Jarvis page. I have added many new images, disk listings, and zip files.And if you look very carefully you might find..... actual C64 (VIC-40) KERNAL and BASIC source code!

While that is cool. I find the phoenix hard drive source code from 1990
to be more interesting. What were they thinking?

The c64 fastbus disk is also interesting as it has a hardware schematic
for adding burst support & there is code (and what looks like roms too)
but the schematic has a 1986 date.

Re: Stuff from Dennis Jarvis

Steve Gray
I think it's amazing that the engineers could do projects on their own. Innovation like this is really cool. I think that's part of the reason for Commodore's success. I love reading about secret unknown projects! With schematics and roms maybe someone can re-create them!

Steve

> Just a note... I have updated my Dennis Jarvis page. I have added many new images, disk listings, and zip files.And if you look very carefully you might find..... actual C64 (VIC-40) KERNAL and BASIC source code!

While that is cool. I find the phoenix hard drive source code from 1990
to be more interesting. What were they thinking?

The c64 fastbus disk is also interesting as it has a hardware schematic
for adding burst support & there is code (and what looks like roms too)
but the schematic has a 1986 date.

Re: Stuff from Dennis Jarvis

Apropos source code, the latest blog post on pagetable.com is an
instruction how to actually aseemble the complete C64 kernal rom source
code from this collection.