SMPTE chip for GVP TBC

silverdr-2
The TBC made once by GVP has an option for SMPTE timecode processing. I take the option is the empty PLCC socket in the lower right corner of the board as visible here:

http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/tbcplus,1

Do we have any idea what chip they used to put in there?

--
SD!

Re: SMPTE chip for GVP TBC

Zoran Davidovac
On 03/15/2017 02:36 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> The TBC made once by GVP has an option for SMPTE timecode processing. I take the option is the empty PLCC socket in the lower right corner of the board as visible here:
>
> http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/tbcplus,1
>
> Do we have any idea what chip they used to put in there?

http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/media/download_photos/85eb7290-d80d-4acf-a387-c07bb7dd99b9.jpg

It seems that TBC Plus have this chip.

http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=1306

I do not have just happened to remember that I saw TBC plus on that site,

Regards,

Zoran

Re: SMPTE chip for GVP TBC

silverdr-2

> On 2017-03-16, at 00:39, Zoran Davidovac <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The TBC made once by GVP has an option for SMPTE timecode processing. I take the option is the empty PLCC socket in the lower right corner of the board as visible here:
>>
>> http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/tbcplus,1
>>
>> Do we have any idea what chip they used to put in there?
>>
> http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/media/download_photos/85eb7290-d80d-4acf-a387-c07bb7dd99b9.jpg
>
> It seems that TBC Plus have this chip.

Great, thanks! That's a big step forward. The chip is indeed an SMPTE Time Code Receiver/Generator. Now the good question where to find those - I seem to be able to source only the "AV" or "B", which may or may not be compatible: "The ICS2008B is an improved version of the ICS2008, with additional features and capabilities". As for the "plus", I tend to believe that it's only a marketing name. I don't remember a "non-plus" variant.

> http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=1306
>
> I do not have just happened to remember that I saw TBC plus on that site,

Hm, now I am wondering if all the patchwork (fly-wires) is required only to make the SMPTE option somehow work (the only board with those extra wires seem to be the one with the SMPTE option installed) or is it due to an earlier revision of the board. Mine are Rev.4 and don't have any fly-wires attached.

--
SD!