Re: ZoomFloppy - formatting a disk in a 2031 disk drive

Re: ZoomFloppy - formatting a disk in a 2031 disk drive

Ethan Dicks
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Spiro Trikaliotis
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Ethan,
>
> thank you for your tests.
>
> So it seems we have a general communication problem.

So with Andre's fix, I can read the ROMs from my 2031 and I can read
files with cbmcopy if I specify the transfer type as original...

> * On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 03:57:39PM -0400 Ethan Dicks wrote:
>
>> (and an attempt to download ROM code)
>>
>> $ cbmctrl download 8 0xc000 0x4000 rom2031.dump
>> .,A transfer error occurred!
>> cbmctrl: download: Resource temporarily unavailable

Now I get...

$ time cbmctrl download 8 0xc000 0x4000 rom2031.dump
........o
real    0m6.916s
user    0m0.061s
sys    0m0.188s

I was curious about the time - under 7 seconds to read 16K.

The resulting file is 16384 bytes and exactly matches the contents of
901484-03.bin and 901484-05.bin from zimmers.net.

For cbmcopy/cbmread, it seems the default transfer mode is serial2?

$ cbmread 8 -vvv "dumper"
magic = 0xaaaa
magic = 0xaaaa
[Info] reading DUMPER -> dumper.prg
[Debug] using transfer mode `serial2�
magic = 0xaaaa
[Info] identified a *unknown*, footprint=<ONKF> drive
[Warning] *** unknown drive type
[Debug] no turbo code upload is required
[Debug] start of copy
.\[Debug] done
[Info] 00, OK,00,00

(this gives me an output file size of zero bytes)

But specifying original transfer type works fine...

$ cbmread 8 -to -vvv "dumper"
[Info] reading DUMPER -> dumper.prg
[Debug] using transfer mode `original�
magic = 0xaaaa
[Info] identified a *unknown*, footprint=<ONKF> drive
[Warning] *** unknown drive type
[Debug] no turbo code upload is required
[Debug] start of copy
.\[Debug] number of bytes read for block 0: 64
[Debug] done
[Info] 00, OK,00,00

(and this gives me the correct file contents)

Now that the low-level communication problem is solved to the 2031,
it's time to take a crack at the applications.

Thanks again, Andre!

-ethan