Re: CBM 3032 (PET 2001N-32), no video?

traymond160
Sherry,
Congratulations in reviving it.

I have an extensive repair job on my flat C-128's seems on the motherboard
the whole SID circuit is fried and the whole Vic circuit.
Fried the Full Wave Bridge rectifier, and other caps on the power section of MB.
and the power regulator, etc.

Just needs tons of components replaced, but seems to have other issues.

Terry Raymond

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018, 2:01 PM Mia Magnusson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Den Sun, 4 Mar 2018 22:57:35 +0000 skrev smf <[hidden email]>:

> On 04/03/2018 22:12, Sherry Haibara wrote:
> > The ROMs seem to be fairly standard 2532 eproms, I do not have an
> > eprom reader at the moment, but I plan to get one in the future and
> > I'll try to post the dump here. The mod is probably only related to
> > the startup screen, but it's still quite cool - I think it adds
> > something to the personality of the machine.
>
> If you have a way of transferring files onto a PC then you don't need
> an eprom reader, just save the roms.

Probably the simplest way is to save the ROMs onto tape using a
standard Commodore datasette (same as for all 8-bit commodore (except
different connector on the Plus/4 series) and play back the tape on an
audio tape recorder connected to line input on a modern PC.

If you have a way of reading 1541 disks on a modern computer (for
example xum1541 or similar) and have a 2031/2040/3040/4040 disk drive
for your pet, you can save to the pet drive and read the files using a
1541.