Prospeed71

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl
I put recently my hands on a dusted-off 1570. Gosh, I know these drives but after each longer break it doesn't stop to amaze me afresh what a he^hack of a device this is - pieces of 1541 and 1571 crammed together as quickly as possible, however it fits. It's not about this though. It's about Michael Lamm's "Prospeed71", which I found inside there. Looks pretty interesting. For example returns various drive names ("1570" when not connected, "1541" when connected, ...), does something similar what I planned for my next Dolphin, namely putting more lines next to the obligatory ten parallel ones in order to "offshore" the control to the USER PORT plug. Yeah, interesting but I found surprisingly little info on the net. Other than

http://de.gowikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_128

and the 64er issues referred from there, not much more so far.

Does anyone have f.e. KERNAL dumps, manual?

Re: Prospeed71

Konrad B
I have the GTI Prospeed 2.0 equipped C128D so I have dumps for both
the C128 and 1571 ROMs.

For the manuals... Forum64.de is the best for them ;)  Link found
there: v6bus.de/ProSpeed128_Manual.pdf
czw., 25 paź 2018 o 13:11 <[hidden email]> napisał(a):

> I put recently my hands on a dusted-off 1570. Gosh, I know these drives but after each longer break it doesn't stop to amaze me afresh what a he^hack of a device this is - pieces of 1541 and 1571 crammed together as quickly as possible, however it fits. It's not about this though. It's about Michael Lamm's "Prospeed71", which I found inside there. Looks pretty interesting. For example returns various drive names ("1570" when not connected, "1541" when connected, ...), does something similar what I planned for my next Dolphin, namely putting more lines next to the obligatory ten parallel ones in order to "offshore" the control to the USER PORT plug. Yeah, interesting but I found surprisingly little info on the net. Other than
>
> http://de.gowikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_128
>
> and the 64er issues referred from there, not much more so far.
>
> Does anyone have f.e. KERNAL dumps, manual?
>
> --
> SD! - http://e4aws.silverdr.com/

Re: Prospeed71

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl

>> I put recently my hands on a dusted-off 1570. Gosh, I know these drives but after each longer break it doesn't stop to amaze me afresh what a he^hack of a device this is - pieces of 1541 and 1571 crammed together as quickly as possible, however it fits. It's not about this though. It's about Michael Lamm's "Prospeed71", which I found inside there. Looks pretty interesting. For example returns various drive names ("1570" when not connected, "1541" when connected, ...), does something similar what I planned for my next Dolphin, namely putting more lines next to the obligatory ten parallel ones in order to "offshore" the control to the USER PORT plug. Yeah, interesting but I found surprisingly little info on the net. Other than
>>
>> http://de.gowikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_128
>>
>> and the 64er issues referred from there, not much more so far.
>>
>> Does anyone have f.e. KERNAL dumps, manual?

> On 2018-10-25, at 13:44, Konrad B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have the GTI Prospeed 2.0 equipped C128D so I have dumps for both
> the C128 and 1571 ROMs.

This seems to be different than what I have here (1.1) but I could of course try! Shall contact you out of list.

> For the manuals... Forum64.de is the best for them ;)  Link found
> there: v6bus.de/ProSpeed128_Manual.pdf

TNX!

Re: Prospeed71

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl

> On 2018-10-25, at 14:05, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> On 2018-10-25, at 13:44, Konrad B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have the GTI Prospeed 2.0 equipped C128D so I have dumps for both
>> the C128 and 1571 ROMs.
>
> This seems to be different than what I have here (1.1)

To clarify - I'd be especially interested in C64 KERNAL now.

Re: Prospeed71

Konrad B
Better later than never -> ProSpeed GTI 2.0 PCBs photos:

https://www.fotosik.pl/u/kb777/album/2509765

Forum64 guys seem to have 1989 version, mine is from 1988 (at least
the PCB). Ah, looks like they copied this device already.

Regards,
Konrad