PET/CBM BASIC Editor Expander by Jan Een Programkonsult + more

PET/CBM BASIC Editor Expander by Jan Een Programkonsult + more

Anders Carlsson
Hello,

Back in 2002, there was a thread on this list about a 3032 for sale,
picked up by Peter Krefting. That machine turned out to have an
expansion ROM called BASIC EDITOR EXPANDER (acronym BEE) 3.1 by Jan Eén
Programkonsult. I believe Peter dumped the ROM and perhaps uploaded it
somewhere, but I didn't spot it in the firmware section of Zimmers FTP
among third party software. There is an unknown ROM from a Swedish 8032
dumped by MagerValp though, perhaps it matches BEE in either of the
versions below.

Anyway, as some of you remember, around 2006-2010 I was helping cleaning
out the storage of a local former Commodore dealer and was eventually
assisted by Ruud and Patryk. The vast majority of that stuff has found
new homes since long ago, but I kept a few items.

While cleaning up lately, I found a small box full of folders and
manuals. It turns out to the Jan Eén shrine, and contains the following:

BEE 3.0 manual to be scanned (I've got 20++ copies of that one, if
anyone wants to pay postage)

BEE 3.1 EPROM which will be dumped ASAP unless it already has been +
addendum to the 3.0 manual which changes the 3.1 version has over 3.0.

BEE 3.1 assembly language source code (if the EPROM wouldn't dump)

BEE 4.1 assembly language source code. Obviously I can scan this one, if
anyone wants to run OCR and assemble it. No manual or EPROM for this
version which I suppose is for the 4000 series PET/CBM.

BEE 8.0 manual and EPROM (only one copy of this one, but will be scanned
and dumped)

BEE 8.1 manual (though no EPROM or source code, so perhaps of less
relevance)

BEE 7.0 manual + assembly language source code (thus for the CBM 710
a.k.a CBM-II a.k.a B-series)

I've also got a kit of the BASIC Programmer's Toolkit from Palo Alto ICs
(PAICS) consisting of manual and EPROM labeled TC49B, (c) 1980 PAICS,
supposedly for the 8000 series. I found that on Zimmers FTP there is a
PAICS toolkit verion 3.0 and 4.0 so perhaps the one I've got would
supplement the ones already dumped.

I also found the manual to PETkomp 700, a BASIC compiler for the CBM-II
by Datatronic. Somewhere I've got floppy disks too. Actually now when I
look around, I already made this into an e-text + disk images in January
2010:

http://cbm.sfks.se/rchallenge-files/dtl-basic-700-se.txt
http://cbm.sfks.se/rchallenge-files/dtl-basic.zip

However PETkomp requires some sort of dongle in the cassette port (which
normally isn't used on the CBM-II). I don't have this dongle and
obviously the manual doesn't go into details on how to make one as well,
but in case someone is interested perhaps it can be figured out by
studying the code.

Finally I also found INTEGER COMPILED BASIC version 1.4, manual + floppy
disk for the 3000 series. It doesn't say who made that compiler, but it
was distributed here by TDX Smådatorer. When I find the time, I will
scan and dump this one as well.

Ok, this turned more into an inventory than a topic for discussion but
perhaps if anyone has suggestions about priorities I can take those into
consideration.

Best regards

Anders Carlsson

Re: PET/CBM BASIC Editor Expander by Jan Een Programkonsult + more

Steve Gray
If you still have this stuff handy I'd be interested in a scan of the BEE 7.0 stuff for CBM-II machines!

Steve

Re: PET/CBM BASIC Editor Expander by Jan Een Programkonsult + more

Peter Krefting

http://www.softwolves.pp.se/cbm/romz/

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/