PET 3032 hardware :)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PET 3032 hardware :)

Francesco Messineo
Hi all (hey, hackers also do mechanical works sometimes!),

I'm completely restoring my 3032, which is a pile of dirt and rust mostly.
One of the hex nuts that holds the monitor assembly is missing (there
should be four, accessible from the top inside of the main cabinet).
I've tried all metric sizes and they don't fit, so I assume it's one
of the imperial sizes. Can anyone tell me what I have to look for
(correct size mostly). The others have an "integral" washer but I'm
not sure what's the correct english name for it.
BTW, extracting the CRT from the monitor assembly is kind of tricky,
you must turn it with the face looking on a side and slide it out.
Thanks
Frank

       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PET 3032 hardware :)

Ethan Dicks
On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Francesco Messineo
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all (hey, hackers also do mechanical works sometimes!),
>
> I'm completely restoring my 3032, which is a pile of dirt and rust mostly.

Ow.

> One of the hex nuts that holds the monitor assembly is missing (there
> should be four, accessible from the top inside of the main cabinet).
> I've tried all metric sizes and they don't fit, so I assume it's one
> of the imperial sizes. Can anyone tell me what I have to look for
> (correct size mostly).

The common sizes for imperial will be 4-40 (small, like an M3), 6-32
(larger, like an M4), and 8-32 (more like an M5).

From memory, it's an 8-32.

> The others have an "integral" washer but I'm
> not sure what's the correct english name for it.

Keps Nut (or K-nut or washer nut).

Good luck!

-ethan

       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PET 3032 hardware :)

Francesco Messineo
On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Ethan Dicks <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Francesco Messineo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all (hey, hackers also do mechanical works sometimes!),
>>
>> I'm completely restoring my 3032, which is a pile of dirt and rust mostly.
>
> Ow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58d2jzullbu43s0/keyb-right-orig.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xd9h0d7i26gsbt/monitor-top-orig.jpg?dl=0

It will return like new (well, almost, since I don't want to remove
the plastic monitor bezel, it will be painted by hand, otherwise I
could bring it to a car painter and put it in the high temperature
chamber).



> The common sizes for imperial will be 4-40 (small, like an M3), 6-32
> (larger, like an M4), and 8-32 (more like an M5).
>
> From memory, it's an 8-32.


ok, I'll be shipping for this 8-32 k-nut then :)

Thanks
Frank

       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list