P1541, RPI based emulation

Francesco Messineo
Am I the only one that didn't know this?

https://cbm-pi1541.firebaseapp.com/

Cycle exact 1541 emulation...

Re: P1541, RPI based emulation

MiaM
Den Sat, 16 Jun 2018 21:49:02 +0200 skrev Francesco Messineo
<[hidden email]>:
> Am I the only one that didn't know this?
>
> https://cbm-pi1541.firebaseapp.com/
>
> Cycle exact 1541 emulation...

I've read about it elsewhere.

It's a fantastic thing. I'm hoping for a future emulation of 1571
and/or 1581, or at least a mode compatible with the C128 burst mode.

Re: P1541, RPI based emulation

Hallo Francesco,

> Am I the only one that didn't know this?

I read about this but I have a 2B. Don't know if it would work on
this one as well. The page doesn't show any means to contact this
guy unfortunately, otherwise I could have asked him.

But having a 1541Ultimate, SD2IEC, my own 1541IDE and several real
1541s plus this 2B thing, it most probably won't find a place on my
projects list.

Re: P1541, RPI based emulation

Pasi Lassila

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018, 10:42 , <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo Francesco,

> Am I the only one that didn't know this?

I read about this but I have a 2B. Don't know if it would work on
this one as well. The page doesn't show any means to contact this
guy unfortunately, otherwise I could have asked him.

But having a 1541Ultimate, SD2IEC, my own 1541IDE and several real
1541s plus this 2B thing, it most probably won't find a place on my
projects list.

The developer is active at lemon64 forum.

Re: P1541, RPI based emulation

Hans Liss
On 2018-06-17 09:38, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hallo Francesco,
>

>> Am I the only one that didn't know this?
> I read about this but I have a 2B. Don't know if it would work on
> this one as well. The page doesn't show any means to contact this
> guy unfortunately, otherwise I could have asked him.
>
> But having a 1541Ultimate, SD2IEC, my own 1541IDE and several real
> 1541s plus this 2B thing, it most probably won't find a place on my
> projects list.

I built one just a day or two after it was announced, and tried it out
with my VIC-20. The original release requires an RPi 3 (doesn't even
start up on earlier models), and it requires a good power supply to work
well, but it did work perfectly for me. Things might have changed in
later versions, of course, but I suspect it still requires a "3".

Best regards,

Hans

Re: P1541, RPI based emulation

> On 2018-06-16, at 21:49, Francesco Messineo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am I the only one that didn't know this?

Possibly :-)