OCR

Anders wrote:
> Obviously I can scan this one, if anyone wants to run OCR and assemble it.

It just happened that last month I went looking for an OCR program, again. To make a long story short,  I tried to OCR some assembly listings and I only got garbled results, again. I could live with it was just the spacing between the columns that was not alike but most of the time I got the labels in one block, the opcodes in the second block and the operands in the third one. And not just with one program, with different ones. It could be that I simply overlooked something but I doubt that.

So the question is obvious: who knows a good OCR program that is able to handle assembly listings? Whether Linux or Windows, I don't mind. And what did you do to get good results?

Many thanks in advance!

Re: OCR

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl

> On 2018-06-06, at 12:31, Baltissen, GJPAA (Ruud) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hallo allemaal,
>

> Anders wrote:
>> Obviously I can scan this one, if anyone wants to run OCR and assemble it.
>
> It just happened that last month I went looking for an OCR program, again. To make a long story short,  I tried to OCR some assembly listings and I only got garbled results, again. I could live with it was just the spacing between the columns that was not alike but most of the time I got the labels in one block, the opcodes in the second block and the operands in the third one. And not just with one program, with different ones. It could be that I simply overlooked something but I doubt that.
>
> So the question is obvious: who knows a good OCR program that is able to handle assembly listings? Whether Linux or Windows, I don't mind. And what did you do to get good results?

Please send me an example scan and I'll see if mine can handle this.

Re: OCR

Ed Spittles
For OCR, you can upload an image or pdf to archive.org and get it done for free - always worth a try. If you mark your item as a test item it will self-destruct after 30 days, but whether or not you do that, you can delete the files whenever you like.

RE: OCR

Baltissen, GJPAA (Ruud)

Hallo Patryk,

> Please send me an example scan and I'll see if mine can handle this.

I'll do !!!

Hallo Ed,

> For OCR, you can upload an image or pdf to archive.org and ...

I will try that for sure. Thanks!

Vice for DOS

Mike Stein

I'm trying to install Vice31 for DOS but it contains many long file names (e.g. pepto-ntsc-sony.vpl);  how does this work, especially with pre-7.x versions of MS-DOS?

Re: Vice for DOS

Groepaz
Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018, 20:44:43 CEST schrieb Mike Stein:
> I'm trying to install Vice31 for DOS but it contains many long file names
> (e.g. pepto-ntsc-sony.vpl);  how does this work, especially with pre-7.x
> versions of MS-DOS?

it probably doesn't. you could try some lfn handler on top of dos, no idea if
that works though - i dont think anyone really tested it in the last decade.

--

http://hitmen.eu                 http://ar.pokefinder.org
http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net  http://magicdisk.untergrund.net

boah im ganzen scheiss Internet is nix los, ich such mir bald Freunde wenn das
so weitergeht!

Re: Vice for DOS

Mike Stein

> Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018, 20:44:43 CEST schrieb Mike Stein:
>> I'm trying to install Vice31 for DOS but it contains many long file names
>> (e.g. pepto-ntsc-sony.vpl);  how does this work, especially with pre-7.x
>> versions of MS-DOS?
>
> it probably doesn't. you could try some lfn handler on top of dos, no idea if
> that works though - i dont think anyone really tested it in the last decade.
>
> --
Thank you!

So the DOS version 3.1 doesn't actually work in a 'real' DOS?

Re: Vice for DOS

Julian Perry
Re: Vice for DOS Mike. Freedos supports the use of Long file names, through the DOSLFN command.

Julian

[hidden email]>
[hidden email]>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 2:50 PM
> Subject: Re: Vice for DOS

>> Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018, 20:44:43 CEST schrieb Mike Stein:
>>> I'm trying to install Vice31 for DOS but it contains many long file names
>>> (e.g. pepto-ntsc-sony.vpl);  how does this work, especially with pre-7.x
>>> versions of MS-DOS?

>> it probably doesn't. you could try some lfn handler on top of dos, no idea if
>> that works though - i dont think anyone really tested it in the last decade.

>> --
> Thank you!

> So the DOS version 3.1 doesn't actually work in a 'real' DOS?

--
Best regards,
Julian