MOS chips vectorized

someone had fun lately and vectorized a lot of MOS chips over the last
months:

https://siliconpr0n.org/map/mos/

Too bad it's only the usual suspects so far.

Re: MOS chips vectorized

hegedusis
Yeah,

I am still waiting for the 8360 high resolution die shot. Not that I could
understand it but I am interested.

Istvan

Re: MOS chips vectorized

Gerrit Heitsch
On 11/18/2016 09:44 AM, Hegedűs István wrote:
> Yeah,
>
> I am still waiting for the 8360 high resolution die shot. Not that I
> could understand it but I am interested.

Well, I dropped a mail to the owner of the site and here's his reply:

[ BEGIN ]

Heyo,
I give priority to imaging chips that are:

     Sponsored
     Demonstrated use after imaging

Details here:
https://siliconpr0n.org/archive/doku.php?id=mcmaster#commissioning

If one of these got imaged, would you work on it are or just generally
curious to see the layout?  If you're willing to provide some funds, I
don't ask those questions and just image them :)  FYI I have next week
off and will be going through various queued projects.

I have many boxes of chips and could potentially have one of those on
hand.  But if I don't, can you get me samples?  Ideally next week.

[ END ]

I'd be willing to chip in a few $ to get a hires image of a 8360 die.
The only one I have is from a 8360R1 and not really hires. All my 8360
are still working so I'm reluctant to part with one... Anyone have a
dead one they are willing to part with and mail to John McMaster?

  Gerrit

> Istvan
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Gerrit Heitsch
> Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 7:48 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: MOS chips vectorized
>
> Hello,
>
> someone had fun lately and vectorized a lot of MOS chips over the last
> months:
>
> https://siliconpr0n.org/map/mos/
>

> Too bad it's only the usual suspects so far.
>
>  Gerrit

Re: MOS chips vectorized

Mike Naberezny
On 11/18/16 8:52 AM, Gerrit Heitsch wrote:
> I'd be willing to chip in a few $ to get a hires image of a 8360 die. The only
> one I have is from a 8360R1 and not really hires. All my 8360 are still
> working so I'm reluctant to part with one... Anyone have a dead one they are
> willing to part with and mail to John McMaster?

I gave a MOS 8360R2 to John McMaster today.

Donations to John:
https://siliconpr0n.org/wiki/doku.php?id=donate

Regards,
Mike

--
Mike Naberezny ([hidden email]) http://6502.org

Re: MOS chips vectorized

hegedusis
Great!
More than a year ago I have sent one to Visual6502 also and Greg promised me
to take die shots but so far it has not happened.
I hope sooner or later we will have a good high resolution die shot and
maybe a vectorized model!

Regards
Istvan

On 11/18/16 8:52 AM, Gerrit Heitsch wrote:
> I'd be willing to chip in a few $ to get a hires image of a 8360 die. The
> only
> one I have is from a 8360R1 and not really hires. All my 8360 are still
> working so I'm reluctant to part with one... Anyone have a dead one they
> are
> willing to part with and mail to John McMaster?

I gave a MOS 8360R2 to John McMaster today.

Donations to John:
https://siliconpr0n.org/wiki/doku.php?id=donate

Regards,
Mike

--
Mike Naberezny ([hidden email]) http://6502.org

Re: MOS chips vectorized

HÁRSFALVI Levente-2
Well then, he should have at least 3 attempts to succeed...

http://harsfalvi.net/tmp/P1000778.JPG

(Sent sometime early 2012)

Levente

On 2016-12-15 08:37, Hegedűs István wrote:

> Great!
> More than a year ago I have sent one to Visual6502 also and Greg
> promised me to take die shots but so far it has not happened.
> I hope sooner or later we will have a good high resolution die shot and
> maybe a vectorized model!
>
> Regards
> Istvan
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Mike Naberezny
> Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 6:51 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: MOS chips vectorized
>
> On 11/18/16 8:52 AM, Gerrit Heitsch wrote:
>> I'd be willing to chip in a few $ to get a hires image of a 8360 die.
>> The only
>> one I have is from a 8360R1 and not really hires. All my 8360 are still
>> working so I'm reluctant to part with one... Anyone have a dead one
>> they are
>> willing to part with and mail to John McMaster?
>
> I gave a MOS 8360R2 to John McMaster today.
>
> Donations to John:
> https://siliconpr0n.org/wiki/doku.php?id=donate
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Re: MOS chips vectorized

On 12/15/2016 06:51 AM, Mike Naberezny wrote:

> On 11/18/16 8:52 AM, Gerrit Heitsch wrote:
>> I'd be willing to chip in a few $ to get a hires image of a 8360 die.
>> The only
>> one I have is from a 8360R1 and not really hires. All my 8360 are still
>> working so I'm reluctant to part with one... Anyone have a dead one
>> they are
>> willing to part with and mail to John McMaster?
>
> I gave a MOS 8360R2 to John McMaster today.
>
> Donations to John:
> https://siliconpr0n.org/wiki/doku.php?id=donate

Sent him $15 since I really want to see the 8360R2 die.

Re: MOS chips vectorized

Marko Mäkelä
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 03:00:15PM -0700, Terry Raymond wrote:
>Please explain vectorize --> Hires

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_tracing
describes the vectorizing of single-layer images. In the silicon die
images, one would want to trace the multiple layers that comprise the
circuit.

Obviously, the input needs to be a suitably high-resolution image, or
actually a set of images focusing on the different layers on the surface
of the silicon die.

http://visual6502.org/images/6502/index.html says that the 6502 die
shots were in 4,677×5,097 pixels in size. I guess that the vectorization
might become easier when the image resolution with respect to the
feature size is larger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_stitching
is another technique that I would expect to come into play is because to
capture the necessary amount of detail, the microscope can only view a
part of the silicon die at a time. So, you would stitch multiple images
together. And I guess it is hard to get good shots when you have to move
the decapped chip between exposures.