Luma discussions

boelle
.

On 20/02/2017 10:41, [hidden email] wrote:
The "dust" he writes about applies to my understanding only to the "modern plasma TV" he used and which I expect does bad job handling off specs signals.

Old tv's are blurry and uses anlogue processing. Plasma TV's have crisper pixels & depending on the TV and how it's setup could have less than 8 bits of colour resolution per channel. This makes irregularities in the video signal more visible, which is especially worse if the plasma TV has a much larger screen size.

VCD and DVB suffer from the same problem as they were developed to be satisfactory with old tv's.