Interpod - Micropower 2000

g.j.p.a.a.baltissen
Hallo allemaal,

I have to correct my last email regarding the Interpod; it is only an IEC ->
IEEE convertor :( It is a pity that the devellopers didn't make an <->
convertor of it is IMHO all the needed hardware is already there so IMHO it is
only a matter of software.

About the Micropower. I was curious about the HW so I opened it. First suprise:
it did not contain a uP I knew: a R6501Q. This is a 64 pin IC but the pins are
not inline; both sides have a ZIP-package construction:

      x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
       x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
     ----------------------------------
     |            R6501Q              |
     |           R1702-12             |
     |             8349               |
     ----------------------------------
      x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
       x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

I once read a very old article that Rockwell was develloping a 6502 compatible
microcontroller, the R6500/1, and maybe this the same or descendent??

Second suprise: The MP contained two drives with Shugart-connectors so I
thougt: replace one with a normal 360 KB PC-drive. And as you can gues, it
worked! The strange thing is that the board only contains regular TTL-ICs (if
I'm not wrong). This realy makes one wonder if there isn't a way to make your
own 1571 in one or another way using a PC-drive as base.

Groetjes, Ruud

-
This message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list.
To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | mail [hidden email].

Re: Interpod - Micropower 2000

Cameron Kaiser
>I once read a very old article that Rockwell was develloping a 6502 compatible
>microcontroller, the R6500/1, and maybe this the same or descendent??

I have a .pdf of the 6500/1's data sheet. Interested?

--
Cameron Kaiser *** http://calvin.ptloma.edu/~spectre/ *** [hidden email]
"Please dispose of this message in the usual manner." -- Mission: Impossible

Re: Interpod - Micropower 2000

Nicolas Welte-2
Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> >I once read a very old article that Rockwell was develloping a 6502 compatible
> >microcontroller, the R6500/1, and maybe this the same or descendent??
>
> I have a .pdf of the 6500/1's data sheet. Interested?

If you have any datasheets that are not already stored on funet, there
will be many people who'd love to see them there, I guess. At least I
would be happy about that ;-)

Nicolas
-
This message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list.
To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | mail [hidden email].

Re: Interpod - Micropower 2000

Mark
On 25-Feb-99, Nicolas Welte wrote:
>> > I once read a very old article that Rockwell was develloping a 6502
>> > compatible microcontroller, the R6500/1, and maybe this the same or
>> > descendent??
>>
>>  I have a .pdf of the 6500/1's data sheet. Interested?
>
> If you have any datasheets that are not already stored on funet, there
> will be many people who'd love to see them there, I guess. At least I
> would be happy about that ;-)

There were various scanned MOS data sheets in (spit) PDF format at this URL:
           http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/

Maybe someone would like to download these, convert to a proper image format
(like TIFF G4) and put then on funet, if they are not already there?

-- Mark

-
This message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list.
To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | mail [hidden email].

Re: Interpod - Micropower 2000

g.j.p.a.a.baltissen
Hallo Cameron,

> I have a .pdf of the 6500/1's data sheet. Interested?

Yes, I am.
TXS.

Groetjes, Ruud

-
This message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list.
To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | mail [hidden email].

Re: Interpod - Micropower 2000

Cameron Kaiser
>> I have a .pdf of the 6500/1's data sheet. Interested?

>Yes, I am.

Contact me off the list and I'll drop it off as an attachment or whatever.