ICPUG and more...

First: I found many disks marked ICPUG. Knowing TPUG, Toronto Pet
User Group, I thought that this could be another computer club as
well. Does it ring a bell?

I think I made some nice finds. It looks, repeat: looks, that I
found the sources of the DOS of the 8280 and those of the CBM 700:

    http://www.baltissen.org/temp/Sources.zip

Have fun!

Re: ICPUG and more...

Steve Gray
Nice!
You can find ICPUG newsletters here: http://6502.org/documents/publications/icpug/

I didn't know they also had disks. Are those the only ones or are there more?

Steve

Re: ICPUG and more...

It appears that the CBM700 (CBM-II) disks are the same as found in the CBUG library.

Just a note: They reference the P-series (ie: P500 with VIC-II) in the docs but there is no source for the colour screen editor routines. These disks are only for B-series (monochrome 6545 chip). I'd love to find the source for the P-series some day!

Steve

RE: ICPUG and more...

Hallo Steve,

> I didn't know they also had disks. Are those the only ones or are there more?

The four disk in this ZIP came from Commodore-NL AFAIK.

Seeing your link (thank you) I wonder why google didn't find that one for me. I just did it again and.... bingo. I must have made a typo ( in only five chars ???? ) otherwise I cannot explain why I didn't find anything.

Anyway, I finished imaging all disk (I think) I have. I think the most simple thing I can do is to zip the whole directory structure (with separate ICPUG directory) and upload the ZIP to my site. In that way you can have a look at it already and I can relax a bit. I am going to combine it with material I already have (like the TPUG and PBE stuff) and that can take some time.

I already told you that I'm writing a database program for all the images I have and I ran into a bummer. Looking for software for my KCS Eprom burner I had a look at a CD I have containing material from Arnold. And all the images on it have been zipped. So they all have to be unzipped before I can scan them. I am certainly no going to do that by hand. And it is not the only CD I have with zipped images. Another challenge to tackle.

Re: ICPUG and more...

Steve Gray
Great, thanks!

Steve

> I didn't know they also had disks. Are those the only ones or are there more?

The four disk in this ZIP came from Commodore-NL AFAIK.

Seeing your link (thank you) I wonder why google didn't find that one for me. I just did it again and.... bingo. I must have made a typo ( in only five chars ???? ) otherwise I cannot explain why I didn't find anything.

Anyway, I finished imaging all disk (I think) I have. I think the most simple thing I can do is to zip the whole directory structure (with separate ICPUG directory) and upload the ZIP to my site. In that way you can have a look at it already and I can relax a bit. I am going to combine it with material I already have (like the TPUG and PBE stuff) and that can take some time.

I already told you that I'm writing a database program for all the images I have and I ran into a bummer. Looking for software for my KCS Eprom burner I had a look at a CD I have containing material from Arnold. And all the images on it have been zipped. So they all have to be unzipped before I can scan them. I am certainly no going to do that by hand. And it is not the only CD I have with zipped images. Another challenge to tackle.

Re: ICPUG and more...

Rhialto
On Thu 15 Jun 2017 at 07:24:49 +0000, Baltissen, GJPAA (Ruud) wrote:
> And all the images on it have been zipped. So they all have to
> be unzipped before I can scan them. I am certainly no going to do that
> by hand. And it is not the only CD I have with zipped images. Another
> challenge to tackle.

Here is a shell script I once made to make directory listings in bulk,
from directory trees that contain archives of various sorts.
Uses various tools, including c1541 from VICE to do the final directory
listing. I just used it on your Images.zip file.

#!/bin/sh
#set -x

here="$(pwd)"
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
tmpdir=/tmp/listit$$
sep="#---"
remove=$(echo "$here" | tr '[];' '...')

ls -lR >ls-lR
du -k >du-k
du -h >du-h

find "$here" -type f -print |
egrep -i '/[1-4!]|\.(zip|lha|lzh|zoo|[dt]64|d64\.gz|tap|tap\.gz|d71|d71\.gz|d8[012]|d8[012]\.gzlnx|tar\.gz|tgz|lnx\.gz)$' |
sort -f |
while read fn
do
        #echo "fn = $fn"

        mkdir $tmpdir || { echo "Cannot mkdir $tmpdir"; exit 1; }
        cd $tmpdir

        case $fn in
        *.zip|*.ZIP)
                echo "$sep"
                unzip -l "$fn" 2>&1
                unzip "$fn" '*.[dDtT]64' '*.[dD]81' '[1-4]!*' '*.[lL][nN][xX]' '*.[tT][aA][pP]' >/dev/null 2>&1
                ;;
        *.lha|*.LHA|*.lzh|*.LZH)
                echo "$sep"
                # lha reads stdin... feed it nothing.
                echo "Archive:  $fn"
                lha l "$fn" </dev/null 2>&1
                lha x "$fn" '*.?64' '*.[dD]81' '?!*'  '*.[lL][nN][xX]' '*.[tT][aA][pP]' </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1
                ;;
        *.[dDtT]64|*.[dD]71|*.[dD]8[012]|*.[lL][nN][xX]|*.[tA][aA][pP])
                echo "$sep"
                ln -s "$fn" .
                ;;
        */1!*)
                echo "$sep"
                ln -s "$fn" .
                # Now link files 2!... 3!... and 4!...
                d=$(dirname "$fn") # directory
                b=$(basename "$fn") # file name
                b=${b#1} # without 1
                ln -s "$d/2$b" .
                ln -s "$d/3$b" .
                ln -s "$d/4$b" .
                ;;
        *.tar.gz|*.tgz)
                echo "$sep"
                echo "Archive:  $fn"
                tar tvzf "$fn"
                tar xvzf "$fn" '*.[dDtT]64' '*.[dD]81' '[1-4]!*' '*.[lL][nN][xX]' >/dev/null 2>&1
                ;;
        *.[dDtT]64.gz|*.[dD]81.gz|*.lnx.gz|*.tap.gz)
                echo "$sep"
                gunzip <"$fn" >$(basename "$fn" .gz)
                ;;
        esac

        chmod -R a+r .
        find . -print | sort -f |
        egrep -i '\.([dt]64|d71|d8[012]|lnx|tap)|1!' |
        while read image
        do
                #echo "image = $image"

                case "$image" in
                *.[dD]64|*.[dD]8[012]|*.[dD]71)
                        echo "Directory of $fn -> $image:"
                        c1541 "$image" -list 2>&1 | grep -v "VDrive:"
                        ;;
                *.[tT]64|*.[tT][aA][pP])
                        echo "Tape contents of $fn -> $image:"
                        # we want to see stderr only here
                        c1541 -format "no name,00" d81 noname.d81 -tape "$image" 2>&1 1>/dev/null
                        ;;
                *.lnx|*.LNX)
                        echo "Directory of LYNX file $fn -> $image:"
                        #c1541 -format "no name,00" d64 noname.d64 -unlynx "$image" -list 2>&1 | grep '^[0-9]'
                        rm -f noname.d64
                        cbmconvert -v2 -D4 noname.d64 -l "$image" >/dev/null
                        c1541 noname.d64 -list
                        ;;
                ./1!*)
                        echo "Directory of $fn -> $image:"
                        zipname=`echo $image | sed 's/^....//'`
                        #echo "zipname=$zipname"
                        c1541 -zcreate noname "$zipname" -attach noname.d64 -list 2>&1 | grep '^[0-9]'
                        ;;
                esac
        done

        cd /tmp >/dev/null
        rm -rf $tmpdir
done |
sed -e 's;'"$remove"'/;;g' |
tee /dev/tty |
gzip -v9 > unpacked-contents.gz

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.

Re: ICPUG and more...

Ruud
Hallo Olaf,

> Here is a shell script I once made...

Thank you very much but, sorry, I use Windows/DOS.

Re: ICPUG and more...

[hidden email] wrote:

>> Here is a shell script I once made...
> Thank you very much but, sorry, I use Windows/DOS.

You can always install CygWin :-)

Regards.