HSG-board installed and successfully tested!

HSG-board installed and successfully tested!

vossi
This post was updated on .
Hi CBM-Friends,
I just installed the HSG board (Type A = 512x512) in my 8032SK together with
the Commodore 64k-memory extension under the hood ;)
I checked the +5V-power consumption and it's no problem to supply all.
The 8032 needs 1700mA, the 64k-memory (32x4116 old 3-voltage DRAM) only
250mA and the HSG-board eats 600mA. All together its fewer than a 2001 with
about 3000mA (with 6540/6550).
I tested a lot with some demos (Steve, manual).
Finally I converted the Logo-image from the 128kbyte bitmap format (1
pixel=1 ascii-byte !!! / " " or "#") to a line-description-format. Now the
pic needs only 10 blocks = 2,5 kbyte - but the size is extremly
picture-dependent! The mac-demo-picture with checkered background is only a
little bit smaller then the original ascii-bitmap-format.
The loading of the pic with my new loader needs now only a minute instead of
more than 20 minutes!!!
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJoevNLgRnQ

Now I will try to find out how Commodore layout software works.... - a long
way!
Has anyone schematics or other documents than the manual???

PS: I have a newtim80 monitor installed at $9000 - there is no conflict with
the HSG.

<http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/file/t374762/8032sk-hsg_003.jpg
<http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/file/t374762/8032sk-hsg_004.jpg

--
Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

greets
Christian

Re: HSG-board installed and testet!

Steve Gray
Very nice! I'm getting my HSG board back out to play with ;-)

I updated my HSG page, and have posted the CAD Layout software if anyone else wants to try it:

Steve