Fixing A3k/A4k CPU boards

silverdr-2
Anyone with a pedigree of successful fixing the Amiga CPU boards out there? I've dug out some of mine and found out that two of them don't seem to like to be bothered with delivering computing power anymore. I think they were already broken back then, when I put them in those boxes as there were some postit markings, which I sometimes used to mark things that need to be fixed. The notes are no longer legible though. As I am already well beyond my capacity, I don't feel like putting even more on my TODO/TOFIX list. Especially that I admittedly don't have much of experience dealing with those fellas. I remember I fixed some of the simpler cases still in the days but those were minor things. Maybe someone with good knowledge and steady hand would feel like taking those on his workbench?

Re: Fixing A3k/A4k CPU boards

Ethan Dicks
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:13 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone with a pedigree of successful fixing the Amiga CPU boards out there?

Some.  I repaired an A2000 that had been hit by lightning that fried
some traces and blew out the clock circuit...

> I've dug out some of mine and found out that two of them don't
> seem to like to be bothered with delivering computing power anymore...

That is sad.

I think they were already broken back then, when I put them in those
boxes as there were some postit markings, which I

> Maybe someone with good knowledge and steady hand would feel like taking those on his workbench?

Are you looking to have someone fix them for you or are you looking
for someone who is just interested in fixing them and returning them
to service themselves?  I just ask because I have enough of my own
projects that getting my own defunct A4000 working with one board or
another is enticing, but I don't have the time (until later than
October) to add new work for others.

Also, it looks like you are in Europe and I'm in the States, so
shipping adds up quickly.

Re: Fixing A3k/A4k CPU boards

silverdr-2

> On 2017-07-14, at 21:15, Ethan Dicks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:13 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Anyone with a pedigree of successful fixing the Amiga CPU boards out there?
>
> Some.  I repaired an A2000 that had been hit by lightning that fried
> some traces and blew out the clock circuit...

What I meant was specifically the CPU boards for the A3k/A4k Amigas.

>> Maybe someone with good knowledge and steady hand would feel like taking those on his workbench?
>
> Are you looking to have someone fix them for you or are you looking
> for someone who is just interested in fixing them and returning them
> to service themselves?  I just ask because I have enough of my own
> projects that getting my own defunct A4000 working with one board or
> another is enticing, but I don't have the time (until later than
> October) to add new work for others.

Basically I'd like to have them fixed. I could put them up for sale (I saw people buying broken CPU boards probably for parts and fixing other ones) but rather than that I'd prefer to have them working inside some Amigas.

> Also, it looks like you are in Europe and I'm in the States, so
> shipping adds up quickly.

That would be still manageable somehow. It's about $15 one way I believe so US not excluded.