Eagle CAD design and fabrication of C64 & Plus4 cartridges

Re: Eagle CAD design and fabrication of C64 & Plus4 cartridges

Jim Brain
On 6/3/2017 9:18 PM, Hans Petter Dalsklev wrote:

> That makes sense. I think Mark should reflect this in his overview
> document, because I was led to believe otherwise.
> I don't intend to do any more work on this, but I'd like to let you
> know that I've got the Wizard of Wor 16kb cart working with the diode
> hack and roml connected to A13 with the Simple64Cart. A footprint for
> those extra diodes, resistors and tracks is useful. The cart does have
> a lot of free area also.
>
> Another question, what was the A13 jumper for ?

I started with the dual ROM design, and put A13 in there in case someone
wanted to use the design for a single cart game, and did not want A13 to
be connected.

Then, I modified the design to be the single ROM version, and I think it
just got left in, with the weak idea that perhaps someone would need to
have A13 connected for some reason, but most often it would not be needed.

Re: Eagle CAD design and fabrication of C64 & Plus4 cartridges

MindFlareRetro
Jim - Thanks very much for your feedback and clarification, and for your cartridge designs, of course.

Hans - Thanks for testing and your input.  I will update the overview sheet to reflect this single EPROM design is for use with 1 or 2 8kb images only, not for single 16kb images.  Also, great YT video on how you bodged the Simple64Cart to work with the 16kb Wizard of Wor image.  Well done.

Regards,
Mark (MindFlareRetro)

Re: Eagle CAD design and fabrication of C64 & Plus4 cartridges

Wavestar
Hello Jim Brain,

This looks interesting. I'm interested in using it for my own games or apps in some fashion whether as carts or some kind of hybrid of carts and D64/D81 medium or something where the cart may contain specific data and possibly used as an authentication.

I may either use a custom PCB group or make them in-house depending on supply.

I'll also look to you for cartridge shells as well. Thanks.

Thank You e5frog for pointing this out.

123