D2164A-20

traymond

Hi all,

I found out my C128 does have D2164A-20 DRAM

The previous owner installed it, terrible desoldering, terrible soldering, so I'm having to clean it up,
Carefully. As far as desoldering older RAM chips!

One wire came off so in moving it the other one did, is it pin4 that is grounded?

I know the notch in the chip is where pin1 is located but is that on left side?

If pin4 is grounded can you use ground on other nearby components?

Is there a diagram for this?

Re: D2164A-20

Terry Raymond wrote:

> I know the notch in the chip is where pin1 is located but is that on
> left side?

If there is a notch in the corner (not in the center of the edge), it
should be on the left side near pin #1.

Re: D2164A-20

On 12/16/2016 12:12 AM, Terry Raymond wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I found out my C128 does have D2164A-20 DRAM
>
> The previous owner installed it, terrible desoldering, terrible
> soldering, so I'm having to clean it up,
> Carefully. As far as desoldering older RAM chips!
>
> One wire came off so in moving it the other one did, is it pin4 that is
> grounded?

No... Here's the pinout of a 4164:

         _____
     NC [o V  ] GND
    Din [     ] /CAS
    /WE [     ] Dout
   /RAS [     ] A6
     A0 [     ] A3
     A2 [     ] A4
     A1 [     ] A5
    Vcc [_____] A7

The 'V' is the notch in the package and the 'o' is the mark for pin 1
that some of them have.

To help count: NC = pin1, GND = pin16, Vcc=pin8, A7=pin9

Re: D2164A-20

Mike Stein
> ... Here's the pinout of a 4164:
... as seen from the top. (JIC)