Commodore on CeBIT

André Fachat

FYI, "Commodore Gaming" will be on the CeBIT fair in Hannover this march...

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/86295
(in German)

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

Bryan Pope
And thusly were the wise words spake by =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Andr=E9_Fachat=22?=

> FYI, "Commodore Gaming" will be on the CeBIT fair in Hannover this march...
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/86295
> (in German)

They are supposedly going to show off their C=-branded gaming PCs...
*yawn*

Cheers,

Bryan

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

B Degnan
I had some dealings with them regarding my Commodore
poster...(vintagecomputer.net/poster_detail.cfm). Their offer was for me
to send them the original poster source file for free, in exchange for
permission to be able to sell the poster.  Because the the pictures are of
my own photographed systems and I do not use the C= logo, they really have
not legal claim that I am violating their ownership of the brand.  I
declined their offer.
Bill

> And thusly were the wise words spake by
> =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Andr=E9_Fachat=22?=
>>

>> FYI, "Commodore Gaming" will be on the CeBIT fair in Hannover this
>> march...
>>
>> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/86295
>> (in German)
>>

> They are supposedly going to show off their C=-branded gaming PCs...
> *yawn*
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bryan
>
>        Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

-END-

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

Cameron Kaiser-5
> I had some dealings with them regarding my Commodore
> poster...(vintagecomputer.net/poster_detail.cfm). Their offer was for me
> to send them the original poster source file for free, in exchange for
> permission to be able to sell the poster.  Because the the pictures are of
> my own photographed systems and I do not use the C= logo, they really have
> not legal claim that I am violating their ownership of the brand.  I
> declined their offer.

A wise move. I wouldn't think they have legal standing as long as you are
not using their marks, but also IANAL.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * [hidden email]

RE: Commodore on CeBIT

ruud.baltissen
Hallo Cameron,

> ...., but also IANAL.

IANAL ???

--
     ___
    / __|__

De informatie in dit e-mailbericht is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Wanneer u dit bericht per abuis ontvangt, verzoeken wij u contact op te nemen met de afzender per kerende e-mail. Verder verzoeken wij u in dat geval dit e-mailbericht te vernietigen en de inhoud ervan aan niemand openbaar te maken. Wij aanvaarden geen aansprakelijkheid voor onjuiste, onvolledige dan wel ontijdige overbrenging van de inhoud van een verzonden e-mailbericht, noch voor daarbij overgebrachte virussen.

Stichting Pensioenfonds ABP is gevestigd te Heerlen en ingeschreven bij de Kamer van Koophandel Zuid Limburg onder nummer: 41074000

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail; please delete in this case the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person. We don't accept liability for any errors, omissions, delays of receipt or viruses in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Stichting Pensioenfonds ABP, having its registered office at Heerlen, is registered in the Traderegister of the Chamber of Commerce Zuid Limburg (Maastricht), the Netherlands, registration number: 41074000

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

Marko Mäkelä-3
On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 07:02:55AM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hallo Cameron,
>

> > ...., but also IANAL.
>
> IANAL ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_slang_phrases

HTH. HAND. :-)

RE: Commodore on CeBIT

Anders Carlsson
On Thu 2007-03-08 07:02, [hidden email] wrote:

>> ...., but also IANAL.
> IANAL ???

Abbreviation for "I am not a lawyer". Commonly used disclaimer
when you are a layman who speak about law matters.

I don't know how Commodore would have use of a poster with old
computers, but as long as you don't use the trademark and are
willing to butt your head against whoever might later harass you,
it probably is fine to ignore claims and demands from Yeahronimo.

On another forum, the point was raised that the new Commodore
needs to sell generic gaming PCs in order to raise enough money
to invest in (develop?) more unique, interesting projects they
come upon, e.g. the follow-up to C64DTV.

I suppose they could just as well sell orange juice with the C=
logotype, but that profit margins are higher on personal computers
than orange juice. Old Jack T would probably suggest them to sell
disposable razors.

By the way, does anyone know if Commoronimo has tried to establish
contact with Tramiel in any way, as some consultant or spokesperson?
Under the right premises, it could buy them a chunk of credability
if the original founder was onboard the ship in one way or another.
>From Wikipedia I see that he was involved in JTS Corp as late as 1998
when Atari was sold to Hasbro, who sold it to Infogrames in 2001. I
suppose almost 79 year old Jack has no connections to Infogratari?

--
Anders Carlsson

RE: Commodore on CeBIT

B Degnan
I don't know, but you can ask him at the Vintage Computer Festival East 4.0
(vintage.org) this June.

>By the way, does anyone know if Commoronimo has tried to establish
>contact with Tramiel in any way, as some consultant or spokesperson?
>Under the right premises, it could buy them a chunk of credability
>if the original founder was onboard the ship in one way or another.
> From Wikipedia I see that he was involved in JTS Corp as late as 1998
>when Atari was sold to Hasbro, who sold it to Infogrames in 2001. I
>suppose almost 79 year old Jack has no connections to Infogratari?

bd

RE: Commodore on CeBIT

B Degnan
At 07:02 AM 3/8/2007 +0100, you wrote:
>Hallo Cameron,
>

> > ...., but also IANAL.
>
>IANAL ???

About the poster...ISTAL  (I spoke to a lawyer)

Bill

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

Bryan Pope
And thusly were the wise words spake by Anders Carlsson

> On another forum, the point was raised that the new Commodore
> needs to sell generic gaming PCs in order to raise enough money
> to invest in (develop?) more unique, interesting projects they
> come upon, e.g. the follow-up to C64DTV.

You would think they would have made more profit from sales of the
C64DTV...

> I suppose they could just as well sell orange juice with the C=
> logotype, but that profit margins are higher on personal computers
> than orange juice. Old Jack T would probably suggest them to sell
> disposable razors.

I think they care more about exploiting the name then anything else.. :(

Cheers,

Bryan

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

Actually they only showed C=-branded MP3-players (portable and settop-box) and navigation systems - mostly off in showcases, I've seen only two working portable MP3-players and one settop-box, but I did not stay long there (actually I looked for the Roboking robot competition, and found C= directly next to it). They also have a PET2001 and a C64+VC1541 on display in a showcase (switched off, no demo running....)
Didn't see any PCs.

André

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:38:43 -0500 (EST)
Von: [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]
CC:
Betreff: Re: Commodore on CeBIT

On Thu 2007-03-15 23:39, "André Fachat" wrote:

> PET2001 and a C64+VC1541 [..] (switched off, no demo running....)

Perhaps they don't know how or from where to obtain software? :-)

On the other hand, if these new gaming PCs are preloaded with a
C64 emulator and 50+ games, they should have some source to pick
from. It only remains the eternal problem how to transfer those
D64 images to real floppy disks.. if they have any, that is.

--
Anders Carlsson

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

B Degnan
>From my conversations with them on the phone about my poster, I would say
that they are interested, but do not have the background to persue vintage
computing.  I am sure they quickly bought up some vintage stuff on Ebay
for their event, due to the fact that our deal to use my poster fell
through.
bd

> On Thu 2007-03-15 23:39, "André Fachat" wrote:
>
>> PET2001 and a C64+VC1541 [..] (switched off, no demo running....)
>
> Perhaps they don't know how or from where to obtain software? :-)
>
> On the other hand, if these new gaming PCs are preloaded with a
> C64 emulator and 50+ games, they should have some source to pick
> from. It only remains the eternal problem how to transfer those
> D64 images to real floppy disks.. if they have any, that is.
>
> --
> Anders Carlsson

-END-

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

Groepaz
On Friday 16 March 2007 16:32, B Degnan wrote:
> >From my conversations with them on the phone about my poster, I would say
>
> that they are interested, but do not have the background to persue vintage
> computing.  I am sure they quickly bought up some vintage stuff on Ebay
> for their event, due to the fact that our deal to use my poster fell
> through.

the PET was loaned from "us" (www.dienstagstreff.de) (not sure about the c64,
it could be ours aswell)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org
http://www.gc-linux.org/docs/yagcd.html

...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to
study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to
the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of
their operating system.
<Bill Gates>

Re: Commodore on CeBIT

It seems "Commodore" actually has two booths at CeBIT. One for "Commodore Gaming" in Hall 21, and the other one (that is the only one I have seen and that I described below) for "Commodore World" in Hall 19.
The two seems to be connected (from a press release on www.commodorecorp.com):
"Commodore Gaming is a new €18 million joint venture between Commodore International Corp. (OTC:CDRL) and The Content Factory (TCF), based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands."
Whereas "Commodore International Corporation" describes commodoreworld as "CommodoreWorldTM, our web portal" in their vision statement.

André

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:39:38 +0100
Von: "André Fachat" <[hidden email]>