Commodore 3040 disk drive + DEC VT05 terminal

Commodore 3040 disk drive + DEC VT05 terminal

Niklas Ramsberg-2
Hej allihopa,

A colleague of mine has a 3040 disk drive and a DEC VT05 termnial he wants to get rid of. Available for pickup in Gothenburg, Sweden. He is probably willing to ship them if he gets offered enough to make it worth the trouble. Anyone interested?

If not, they're very soon going to recycling. I'd love to take care of them myself but I don't have the space (and no PET to go with the drive).

The disk drive is pictured in this fore sale thread on a Nordic Commodore forum: http://commodore64.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9219&sid=e4bdef34557bf175ae605cb69b830262

/Niklas Ramsberg

Re: Commodore 3040 disk drive + DEC VT05 terminal

Peter Bortas
Hej Niklas,

Jag har eg inte plats för mer bröte jag heller, men jag ser att VT05
inte är dumpad och emulerad i Mame, så det vore ju dumt att låta
prylarna gå i skroten.

Om du förmedlar kontakten så får vi se om transport till Linköping kan
ordnas på något sätt.

MVH,
--
Peter Bortas

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:38 PM Niklas Ramsberg
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hej allihopa,
>
> A colleague of mine has a 3040 disk drive and a DEC VT05 termnial he wants to get rid of. Available for pickup in Gothenburg, Sweden. He is probably willing to ship them if he gets offered enough to make it worth the trouble. Anyone interested?
>
> If not, they're very soon going to recycling. I'd love to take care of them myself but I don't have the space (and no PET to go with the drive).
>
> The disk drive is pictured in this fore sale thread on a Nordic Commodore forum: http://commodore64.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9219&sid=e4bdef34557bf175ae605cb69b830262
>
> /Niklas Ramsberg

Re: Commodore 3040 disk drive + DEC VT05 terminal

Peter Bortas
Oh right, this list is broken and sets Reply-To, ecuse the Swedish spam. :)

Peter Bortas

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 3:37 PM Peter Bortas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hej Niklas,
>
> Jag har eg inte plats för mer bröte jag heller, men jag ser att VT05
> inte är dumpad och emulerad i Mame, så det vore ju dumt att låta
> prylarna gå i skroten.
>
> Om du förmedlar kontakten så får vi se om transport till Linköping kan
> ordnas på något sätt.
>
> MVH,
> --
> Peter Bortas
>

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:38 PM Niklas Ramsberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hej allihopa,
> >
> > A colleague of mine has a 3040 disk drive and a DEC VT05 termnial he wants to get rid of. Available for pickup in Gothenburg, Sweden. He is probably willing to ship them if he gets offered enough to make it worth the trouble. Anyone interested?
> >
> > If not, they're very soon going to recycling. I'd love to take care of them myself but I don't have the space (and no PET to go with the drive).
> >
> > The disk drive is pictured in this fore sale thread on a Nordic Commodore forum: http://commodore64.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9219&sid=e4bdef34557bf175ae605cb69b830262
> >
> > /Niklas Ramsberg

Re: Commodore 3040 disk drive + DEC VT05 terminal

Ville Laustela

I’m sure there would be some Commodore fan nearby to pick up the 3040?

Oh my god, a Dec VT05, what a beauty! I wonder if it would survive shipping, the top part appears to be plastic.

For reference, the dimensions of VT05:
Width—19"
Height—12"
Depth—30” (!!)
Weight—55 lbs.
Power Consumption—130 watts

Now that’s a beast!

Ville

Niklas Ramsberg <[hidden email]> kirjoitti 1.4.2019 kello 15.36:

Hej allihopa,

A colleague of mine has a 3040 disk drive and a DEC VT05 termnial he wants to get rid of. Available for pickup in Gothenburg, Sweden. He is probably willing to ship them if he gets offered enough to make it worth the trouble. Anyone interested?

If not, they're very soon going to recycling. I'd love to take care of them myself but I don't have the space (and no PET to go with the drive).

The disk drive is pictured in this fore sale thread on a Nordic Commodore forum: http://commodore64.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9219&sid=e4bdef34557bf175ae605cb69b830262

/Niklas Ramsberg

Re: Commodore 3040 disk drive + DEC VT05 terminal

Now you can tell us that the VT05 was an April's fool joke, right? :)

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:37 PM Niklas Ramsberg
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hej allihopa,
>
> A colleague of mine has a 3040 disk drive and a DEC VT05 termnial he wants to get rid of. Available for pickup in Gothenburg, Sweden. He is probably willing to ship them if he gets offered enough to make it worth the trouble. Anyone interested?
>
> If not, they're very soon going to recycling. I'd love to take care of them myself but I don't have the space (and no PET to go with the drive).
>
> The disk drive is pictured in this fore sale thread on a Nordic Commodore forum: http://commodore64.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9219&sid=e4bdef34557bf175ae605cb69b830262
>
> /Niklas Ramsberg

Re: Commodore 3040 disk drive + DEC VT05 terminal

Niklas Ramsberg-2
Hej allihopa,

It's not an April's fools joke :-)
I now have a couple of people interested in the terminal and one person willing to pick up the disk drive. My colleague will have to decide who gets to have the terminal.

/Niklas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VT05