CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

A friend of mine asked me to post the question: where can one find the
DOS CUPL software which supports the Signetics PLA chips? Sadly, the
support does not exist anymore in Atmel WinCUPL.

Re: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

Ed Spittles

On 14 March 2018 at 10:08, Michał Pleban <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!

A friend of mine asked me to post the question: where can one find the
DOS CUPL software which supports the Signetics PLA chips? Sadly, the
support does not exist anymore in Atmel WinCUPL.

RE: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

Hallo Michał,

> A friend of mine asked me to post the question: where can one find the DOS CUPL software which supports the Signetics PLA chips?

I still use DOS CUPL to create the Jedec needed for my Lattice GALs. But I don't know if this version supports the 82S100. Anyone who is interested, email me at baltissen-org and I upload a ZIP to my site.

RE: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

Didn't see this email until after I sent mine. I'll check the date/version I have.

Ed Spittles wrote:

> Maybe this old version will do it?
> https://www.math.purdue.edu/~wilker/misc/DEVEL/0001/DISK1/

Thanks, unfortunately it appears that this version is stripped down and
does not support the Signetics chips :(

Re: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

dave_m
Al Kossow found a Signetics tool that will work on bitsavers.org.

Download Amaze at  bitsavers.org/components/signetics
<http://bitsavers.org/components/signetics>

It is an old DOS tool that should handle all 82S100/PLS100 and similar
devices. I think you have to choose the option to output a JEDEC file rather
than the old Signetics format.

Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

Re: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

Just checked my version of CUPL: 4.2 from 1991. But it does not
recognize 82S100, PLS100 or SIG82S100. Or do I need to use another
code?

If still somebody is interested, you know how to reach me.

Re: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

dave_m
Ruud wrote
> Just checked my version of CUPL: 4.2 from 1991. But it does not
> recognize 82S100, PLS100 or SIG82S100. Or do I need to use another
> code?

Try F100. Usually one picks it from the FPLA list.
-Dave

Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

RE: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

Baltissen, GJPAA (Ruud)
Hallo Dave,

> Try F100. Usually one picks it from the FPLA list.

I'll try. If you know how to find out what devices this version of CUPL supports, please tell me.

Re: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

Hallo Dave,

> Try F100. Usually one picks it from the FPLA list.

Device not found :(

Re: CUPL software for programming Signetics 82S100

dave_m
Ruud wrote

>> Try F100. Usually one picks it from the FPLA list.
>
> Device not found :(

Ruud,
Maybe try f100 rather than F100. My version is WinCupl 5.1.40 from Logical
Devices. With it, I choose from the pull down menu:
 -Compiler
   -Devices
     -FPLA
      - f100

Your version should be different but similar. The older the version the
better as the 82S100 was one of the first PLA devices even older than PALs.
If it's not there, than perhaps switch to Amaze. It is from Signetics, the
device manufacturer.
-Dave

--
Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/