CP/M for Vector + more

Busy imaging my disks I found a 8050 one with the header "CPM for Vector". It does ring a bell but I'm not sure. @Mike, could this be software for Z-RAM CP/M board I sent you?

I also found a disk with the title CPM4040, also on a 8050 disk (very confusing). Anyone?

Another find for the C128: Adam-C 128. Never heard of it and Google wasn't of any help either. Anyone?

How many versions of Wordcraft exist? I'm not talking about the 40 and 80 columns version but I have what looks like version H10 and H17. And another, Dutch, disk that mentions it is an upgrade. Several disks contained files that looked like '34 "<name>       .pdf" seq' (or prg ???). '34' is just an example. Because of the date of the various disks, 1982, I doubt very much that these are PDF files as we know today. But seeing them for the first time gave me quite an 'huh ???' moment.

I have several Dutch programs but it just occurred to me they are just the Dutch versions: Aladin, Compas and Locom-B. So, are any of these names familiar?

Compas is an accounting/bookkeeping program. I forgot about the other two but they are office related.

If anyone is interested in one or more images, just ask and I'll upload it to my site as ZIP(s). Please use the list, it simply means that others can see that the request has been done already and I don't have to answer every individual request. I will place the links to the ZIPs here as well.

Re: CP/M for Vector + more

Mike Stein

Re: CP/M for Vector + more

Mike Naberezny
On 5/31/17 1:41 AM, Baltissen, GJPAA (Ruud) wrote:
> Busy imaging my disks I found a 8050 one with the header "CPM for Vector". It
> does ring a bell but I'm not sure. @Mike, could this be software for Z-RAM
> CP/M board I sent you?

Yes.  The Z-RAM board was known as "CP/Maker" in Europe and Vector was one of
the distributors.  I found a couple of advertisements and put them on this page:

http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/pet-cbm/madison-computer-z-ram/

> I also found a disk with the title CPM4040, also on a 8050 disk (very
> confusing). Anyone?

Z-RAM disks can be identified by looking for a large REL file in the CBM DOS
directory.  It contains an image of the CP/M filesystem.

SoftBox disks store the CP/M filesystem directly in CBM DOS sectors.  These
disks may have two CBM DOS files in the directory, "K" and "CP/M", or may have
no CBM DOS files.  The directory will show most blocks as free when in fact
the sectors are full of CP/M data.

I'd like to look at these image files.  Could you please send them to me?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Naberezny ([hidden email]) http://6502.org

Re: CP/M for Vector + more

Mike Stein
Ah, different Vector; in the immortal words of Emily Litella: "Never mind..."

(For our non-American friends: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Litella

> On 5/31/17 1:41 AM, Baltissen, GJPAA (Ruud) wrote:
>> Busy imaging my disks I found a 8050 one with the header "CPM for Vector". It
>> does ring a bell but I'm not sure. @Mike, could this be software for Z-RAM
>> CP/M board I sent you?
>
> Yes.  The Z-RAM board was known as "CP/Maker" in Europe and Vector was one of
> the distributors.  I found a couple of advertisements and put them on this page:
>
> http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/pet-cbm/madison-computer-z-ram/
>
>> I also found a disk with the title CPM4040, also on a 8050 disk (very
>> confusing). Anyone?
>
> Z-RAM disks can be identified by looking for a large REL file in the CBM DOS
> directory.  It contains an image of the CP/M filesystem.
>
> SoftBox disks store the CP/M filesystem directly in CBM DOS sectors.  These
> disks may have two CBM DOS files in the directory, "K" and "CP/M", or may have
> no CBM DOS files.  The directory will show most blocks as free when in fact
> the sectors are full of CP/M data.
>
> I'd like to look at these image files.  Could you please send them to me?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> --
> Mike Naberezny ([hidden email]) http://6502.org

Re: CP/M for Vector + more

Christian Dirks
Am 31.05.2017 um 10:41 schrieb Baltissen, GJPAA (Ruud):
> Busy imaging my disks I found a 8050 one with the header "CPM for
> Vector". It does ring a bell but I'm not sure. @Mike, could this be
> software for Z-RAM CP/M board I sent you?

Hi Ruud,
yes, this should be the software for the Z-RAM Board.
According to a ad from a german magazine,
Vector was the european distibutor for the Z-RAM:
http://idealine.info/CBM/CP_Maker.pdf

I could check the images with my Z-RAM board,
I you email them to me.

--
Christian Dirks