C128 DRAM

I have searched all Electronics online stores with no luck.
Jameco used to have pulled 8-bit DRAM, now they have run out.:(

I'm looking for both types of DRAM for C64 & C128

Mainly need all 16 for my 128 if anybody knows of any sources, except
Ebay!

Thanks all,

Re: C128 DRAM

Todd George
Try https://www.twistywristarcade.com/ .  I've ordered piles of stuff from them/him for both arcade and retro-computing.  Great service.  The owner (Riptor) hangs out on one of the arcade forums.

Also, channelmanic runs http://www.arcadecomponents.com .  He hangs out on Commodore and Arcade forums, he's been awesome as well.

Also try http://www.arcadechips.com/ if the others don't have what you need.

I probably have a few more I could recommend, too.
-Todd

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:58 PM Terry Raymond <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I have searched all Electronics online stores with no luck.
Jameco used to have pulled 8-bit DRAM, now they have run out.:(

I'm looking for both types of DRAM for C64 & C128

Mainly need all 16 for my 128 if anybody knows of any sources, except
Ebay!

Thanks all,

Re: C128 DRAM

Gerrit Heitsch
On 12/08/2016 02:16 AM, Todd George wrote:
> Try https://www.twistywristarcade.com/ .  I've ordered piles of stuff
> from them/him for both arcade and retro-computing.  Great service.  The
> owner (Riptor) hangs out on one of the arcade forums.
>
> Also, channelmanic runs http://www.arcadecomponents.com .  He hangs out
> on Commodore and Arcade forums, he's been awesome as well.
>
> Also try http://www.arcadechips.com/ if the others don't have what you need.

You can also use 41256 (256Kx1) DRAMs in a C64 or C128 as a drop in
replacement for the 4164 DRAMs. You only have to tie Pin 1 to either GND
or Vcc (doesn't matter which).

Those should be a lot easier to get since they were widely used in PCs.