C128 Clock Stretching

willymanilly
I've just started working on a c128 emulator and my first goal is to get the VIC version of Risen from Oblivion (Risen from Oblivion) working. I've been making good progress including getting the final frog screen showing graphics in the upper/lower border with the bottom picture having phase shifted colours but I've hit a roadblock with a couple of the earlier effects because I'm finding it challenging to get my hands on any detailed information on the exact timing of clock stretching for the c128. The best I have been able to find is the obvious information that PLA, processor, and VIC chip are involved with syncing the 2MHz clock with the 1MHz I/O chips. If anyone can point me in the right direction with more detailed information on the C128s implementation of clock stretching than what the C128 programmers reference guide and mapping the c128 offer, it will be much appreciated. :)

You can download my emulator here to see the progress I have made. ==> http://www.z64k.com

Re: C128 Clock Stretching

earth1dome1
What OS are you using to make the Commmodore 128 available on? And have you had any success with the 128 version of Vice team? Jeremyaka weirdwolf

On Monday, March 6, 2017 2:11 PM, willymanilly <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://www.z64k.com <http://www.z64k.com>

Re: C128 Clock Stretching

willymanilly
Jeremy-2 wrote
What OS are you using to make the Commmodore 128 available on? And have you had any success with the 128 version of Vice team? Jeremyaka weirdwolf
I'm using IntelJ IDEA on Windows to create all my emulators including the Commodore 128. They are all written in Java so they will run on any platform that supports JRE 7 or higher. Groepaz from the VICE team suggested I ask about c128 clock stretching on this mailing list.

Re: C128 Clock Stretching

Groepaz
On Wednesday 08 March 2017, 02:48:24 willymanilly <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Jeremy-2 wrote
>
> > What OS are you using to make the Commmodore 128 available on? And have
> > you had any success with the 128 version of Vice team? Jeremyaka weirdwolf
>
> I'm using IntelJ IDEA on Windows to create all my emulators including the
> Commodore 128. They are all written in Java so they will run on any platform
> that supports JRE 7 or higher. Groepaz from the VICE team suggested I ask
> about c128 clock stretching on this mailing list.

that said, i somehow doubt VICE is doing it 100% correctly - that would
probably at least require moving it to the "sc" cpu core (and a lot of testing
after that)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ar.pokefinder.org

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, beginnen manche Mauern zu bauen. Andere bauen
Windmühlen.
<Chinesische Weisheit>