Better 8296 Schematics?

Steve Gray
Anyone got an original of the 8296 schematics they can scan? The zimmers scan is pretty bad. I want to study the video sub-system and memory circuits and a lot of the labelling is very hard to read.

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

Christian Dirks
Hi Steve,
maybe these are better to read:
http://www.idealine.info/CBM/PDF/CBM8296_ServiceManual_DinA4_alle.pdf

Are you working on the Colour8296 ?

Christian

Am 28.02.2014 20:48, schrieb Steve Gray:
Anyone got an original of the 8296 schematics they can scan? The zimmers scan is pretty bad. I want to study the video sub-system and memory circuits and a lot of the labelling is very hard to read.

Christian Dirks

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

Steve Gray
Very nice! Thanks!

Colour what? ;-)

Steve

Am 28.02.2014 20:48, schrieb Steve Gray:
Anyone got an original of the 8296 schematics they can scan? The zimmers scan is pretty bad. I want to study the video sub-system and memory circuits and a lot of the labelling is very hard to read.

Christian Dirks

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

Julian Perry
Re: Better 8296 Schematics? Christian.

Many thanks for that - I'm reviving one at the moment, and the schematics from Zimmers weren't much of a help. Those are MUCH better.
Now, just to brush up on my (non existent) German!

Julian
[hidden email] Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

Rhialto
On Sat 01 Mar 2014 at 16:40:28 +1100, Julian Perry wrote:
>    Now, just to brush up on my (non existent) German!

I believe much of the text is at least equivalent to much of the "8296
Supplement", if not outright the same, but the latter can be found in
English: http://6502.org/users/andre/petindex/orig/8296supplement.html.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

On Friday 28 February 2014 20:53:45 you wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> maybe these are better to read:
> http://www.idealine.info/CBM/PDF/CBM8296_ServiceManual_DinA4_alle.pdf

Hi Christian,

thanks for posting this!

A nice trivia to be found there: the screen seems to be very same as the CBM
700 (CBM-II high profile) version - at least the schematics says "700" in big
letters on it :-)

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

Christian Dirks
Hi André,
that's correct only for the 8296-D I think.
The 8296 should use the same CRT as the 8032-SK.

Christian

Am 02.03.2014 11:34, schrieb A. Fachat:

> On Friday 28 February 2014 20:53:45 you wrote:
>> Hi Steve,
>> maybe these are better to read:
>> http://www.idealine.info/CBM/PDF/CBM8296_ServiceManual_DinA4_alle.pdf
>>
> Hi Christian,
>
> thanks for posting this!
>
> A nice trivia to be found there: the screen seems to be very same as the CBM
> 700 (CBM-II high profile) version - at least the schematics says "700" in big
> letters on it :-)
>
> André
>

>        Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

--
Christian Dirks

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

> Hi Steve,
> maybe these are better to read:
> http://www.idealine.info/CBM/PDF/CBM8296_ServiceManual_DinA4_alle.pdf

It seems like this link doesn't work anymore.

I have tried to search the net for another copy and also tried to use that URL at archive.org to no avail.

Is it possible to find this file somewhere else?

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

André Fachat
Did you try the zimmers.net archive?
http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/computers/pet/8296/index.html

Cheers
André

Am 25. Mai 2017 9:02:07 PM schrieb MiaM <[hidden email]>:

>> Hi Steve,
>> maybe these are better to read:
>> http://www.idealine.info/CBM/PDF/CBM8296_ServiceManual_DinA4_alle.pdf
>

> It seems like this link doesn't work anymore.
>
> I have tried to search the net for another copy and also tried to use that
> URL at archive.org to no avail.
>
> Is it possible to find this file somewhere else?

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

silverdr-2

> On 2017-05-25, at 22:33, André Fachat <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Did you try the zimmers.net archive?
> http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/computers/pet/8296/index.html

The original question referred to the poor quality of the schematics on zimmers. The missing one was supposed to be of noticeably better quality.

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

traymond
Try: www.bombjack.org
Might be there.
Terry Raymond

On May 25, 2017 2:38 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017-05-25, at 22:33, André Fachat <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Did you try the zimmers.net archive?
> http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/computers/pet/8296/index.html

The original question referred to the poor quality of the schematics on zimmers. The missing one was supposed to be of noticeably better quality.

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

I've put it here:

Steve

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

Julian Perry
Re: Better 8296 Schematics? You're a saviour, Steve.
I've a "died in storage" 8296 (and a working 8250LP to go with it!) that I've been wanting to get to. This will be invaluable.

Thanks!!

Julian

I've put it here:
http://6502.org/users/sjgray/temp/CBM8296_ServiceManual_DinA4_alle.pdf

Best regards,
Julian

Re: Better 8296 Schematics?

Den Fri, 26 May 2017 00:40:08 +0000 (UTC) skrev Steve Gray
<[hidden email]>:
> I've put it
> here:http://6502.org/users/sjgray/temp/CBM8296_ServiceManual_DinA4_alle.pdf

Thank you Steve so much!