8296D disk transfer help needed

Marko Mäkelä-2
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Theodore Bird wrote:

> Am looking to read and convert a disc written on commodore cbm 8296d (5
> 1/4" floppy at 100tpi). Can you help?

Hello Theodore,

if you still have the 8296D (and the 8250 disk drive, I assume), then you
could use e.g. the prlink software written by me to transfer the files to
a PC compatible.  Otherwise someone on the cbm-hackers mailing list might
be able to help you.  I'll quote your location here for the list members'
information:

> 118 Barnsbury Road, Islington, London, N1 OER, UK

        Marko

-
This message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list.
To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | mail [hidden email].

Re: 8296D disk transfer help needed

Richard Atkinson-2

Re: 8296D disk transfer help needed

g.j.p.a.a.baltissen
Hallo Theodore,

Richard wrote:
> Ooh! London! I can certainly help with one side of the disks, as I have an
> 8050 drive and some model of PET (I forget which) or even a C64 IEEE
> interface. But as for the other side... you may need to dig out your 8250
> somehow, or find me an SFD-1001 (which would be nice, admittedly!)

If you find your 8250 you could make a copy and send it to me. I'm able to
transfer it to a 4040 or D64-file for the PC.
In case you need the address:

Ruud Baltissen
Italielaan 82
6414 TR  Heerlen