8296 PLA

Didier Derny
I found the images for the 8296 of the PLA on zimmers

but for the adapter is it the same as the one used for the C64 ?

for example if I remove the chips from 2 PLA  (eprom) for C64

and burn 2 new one with the 8296 images

any chance to works ?

thanks

Re: 8296 PLA

vossi
Hi, the adapter is the same as for the 64.

--
Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

greets
Christian

Re: 8296 PLA

didier derny wrote:

> I found the images for the 8296 of the PLA on zimmers
> but for the adapter is it the same as the one used for the C64 ?

All the 82S100 PLA chips have the same pinout, so the adapter should
work. Not sure about the timing requiremenents though, for example the
C64 system is quite unforgiving with regard to timing of memory control
signals coming out of the PLA.

Re: 8296 PLA

Tonguç Endem
Hi Dider,
would you happen to have the diagnostics disk for the 8296?
thnx

--
Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

Re: 8296 PLA

Didier Derny
to tell the truth I have almost nothing....

I was not expecting to find a board, so actually I'm "hunting" for
resources specific for this machine...

I found some resources on zimmers but I still dont know how to organized
them...

for example I found different sets of eproms on zimmers but I tought
they were using the same eproms as the 8032

I have now idea of the differences (in software between the 2 machines)

On 02/03/2018 21:26, Tonguç Endem wrote:

> Hi Dider,
> would you happen to have the diagnostics disk for the 8296?
> thnx
>

> --
> Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

Re: 8296 PLA

Tonguç Endem
you can check Mike Naberezny's 8296d rapair page  here
<http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/projects/cbm-8296d-repair/>   as well.

--
Sent from: http://cbm-hackers.2304266.n4.nabble.com/

Re: 8296 PLA

Didier Derny
thanks great web site

till now:

- I cleaned the board, changed bad sockets

- added the missing chips

- I'm waiting for 2 PLA adapters

- I have to find a power supply  (I'll probably feed DC as for the 8032,
(seems easier than on the 8032))

- I have to find the editor rom (I would love to be able to use the one
from the 8032  (french))

- adapt my ps2/bluetooth keyboard interface

- test my vga board

- then I'll have to check for eventual failures (i fear bad rams/ dead
mc3446....)