6530 for 8050 LP

Didier Derny
Hi

one of my friends is trying to repair a commodore  8050LP or 8250LP
any idea of the 8530  needed and is there the content of the rom
somewhere  ?

thanks

--
didier

Re: 6530 for 8050 LP

Christian Dirks
There where no new 6530 produced for the 8250LP.
They use a 6530 adapter with an EPROM.
The EPROM is a 2716 labeled 251474-01B:
http://zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/firmware/drives/old/8050/251474-01b.bin
The adapter has part no. 251457.

You may also take a look at Ruuds solution:
http://www.baltissen.org/newhtm/6530repl.htm

Christian

Am 24.01.2017 um 16:26 schrieb Didier Derny:

> Hi
>
> one of my friends is trying to repair a commodore  8050LP or 8250LP
> any idea of the 8530  needed and is there the content of the rom
> somewhere  ?
>
> thanks
>
> --
> didier