6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl
I recall a (64'er I think) article, which was describing replacing 6510 with a regular 6502. I believe we even discussed it here some time ago. Does anyone remember the source and could give a link?

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

Ruud
Hallo Patryk,

February 1994. for a PDF, send me a PM.

On 6 Aug 2018 at 12:08, [hidden email] wrote:

> I recall a (64'er I think) article, which was describing replacing 6510
> with a regular 6502. I believe we even discussed it here some time ago.
> Does anyone remember the source and could give a link?
>
> --
> SD! - http://e4aws.silverdr.com/

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

MiaM
Den Mon, 06 Aug 2018 19:45:15 +0200 skrev [hidden email]:
> Hallo Patryk,
>

> February 1994. for a PDF, send me a PM.

Or download here:
http://www.64er-online.de/download/1994/index.html

You have to download bot the februari issue and the "hotfix".

If you, like me, get stuck at the captcha, just open the download page
in a "private" window in your web browser. Then you get a new captcha.
I actually got stuck on the question regarding Test Drive II...

> On 6 Aug 2018 at 12:08, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > I recall a (64'er I think) article, which was describing replacing
> > 6510 with a regular 6502. I believe we even discussed it here some
> > time ago. Does anyone remember the source and could give a link?

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

smf
Or grab it from somewhere without that passive agressive nonsense
https://archive.org/details/64er_1994_02

On 06/08/2018 21:29, Mia Magnusson wrote:

> Den Mon, 06 Aug 2018 19:45:15 +0200 skrev [hidden email]:
>> Hallo Patryk,
>>

>> February 1994. for a PDF, send me a PM.
> Or download here:
> http://www.64er-online.de/download/1994/index.html
>
> You have to download bot the februari issue and the "hotfix".
>
> If you, like me, get stuck at the captcha, just open the download page
> in a "private" window in your web browser. Then you get a new captcha.
> I actually got stuck on the question regarding Test Drive II...
>
>> On 6 Aug 2018 at 12:08, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> I recall a (64'er I think) article, which was describing replacing
>>> 6510 with a regular 6502. I believe we even discussed it here some
>>> time ago. Does anyone remember the source and could give a link?

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

Hallo Mia,

> Or download here:
> http://www.64er-online.de/download/1994/index.html

I had no idea they were online now. Thank you for the link!
And it seems only four disk-magazines were issued after the paper
version.

Question: does anyone of you have at least one of these
disk-magazines? I wonder why the last two pages of each one is
blurred. Or are these pages just advertisements?

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

> On 2018-08-07, at 01:23, smf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Or grab it from somewhere without that passive agressive nonsense https://archive.org/details/64er_1994_02

I am not sure what "passive aggressive" [nonsense] is. The two seem to me like antonyms... But still - thank you for the link.

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

smf
Passive agressive means "of or denoting a type of behaviour or
personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of
others and an avoidance of direct confrontation."

Like asking questions in german, not accepting the correct answer &
refusing to give you another question unless you open a private browser
window.

Den Tue, 7 Aug 2018 20:36:13 +0100 skrev smf <[hidden email]>:
> Passive agressive means "of or denoting a type of behaviour or
> personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of
> others and an avoidance of direct confrontation."

+1

> Like asking questions in german, not accepting the correct answer &
> refusing to give you another question unless you open a private
> browser window.

After all it's a german site offering scans of a german magazine, but
it's nog good that you can't get a new captcha.

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

> On 2018-08-07, at 21:36, smf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Passive agressive means "of or denoting a type of behaviour or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation."
>
> Like asking questions in german, not accepting the correct answer & refusing to give you another question unless you open a private browser window.

I didn't know at all what you were talking about. But now I checked the link and I think I understand what you mean...

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

> On 2018-08-08, at 13:48, Mia Magnusson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After all it's a german site offering scans of a german magazine, but
> it's nog good that you can't get a new captcha.

Somebody overengineered there, thinking that it'd be "cool" to do it this way.

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

peter

>> On 2018-08-08, at 13:48, Mia Magnusson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> After all it's a german site offering scans of a german magazine, but
>> it's nog good that you can't get a new captcha.
>
> Somebody overengineered there, thinking that it'd be "cool" to do it this
> way.

Is there an english translation of the project?

Sounds like something Ruud would have done long ago (the actual project,
not the translation).

-Pete

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

> On 2018-08-08, at 13:48, Mia Magnusson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After all it's a german site offering scans of a german magazine, but
> it's nog good that you can't get a new captcha.

And it's even less good what's inside those files. While I can easily remove those stupid overlays that cover the content of some pages, I don't feel that's "cool" doing it. Even if this is for some "legal" reasons. Interesting - what was so politically incorrect on Page 11? ;-)

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

> On 2018-08-07, at 17:16, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hallo Mia,
>
>> Or download here:
>> http://www.64er-online.de/download/1994/index.html
>
> I had no idea they were online now. Thank you for the link!
> And it seems only four disk-magazines were issued after the paper
> version.

That site looks like Herr Winz is trying to show-off his junior programming skills ;-) rather than something even semi-official. As such - not 100% trustworthy IMHO.

> Question: does anyone of you have at least one of these
> disk-magazines? I wonder why the last two pages of each one is
> blurred. Or are these pages just advertisements?

I've got advertisements covered with a white overlay with said website advertisement. While those can be easily removed - screw it, I have better things to do and two copies now that don't need extra useless work. None of the copies has a readable page 11 though. Including yours. The "archive" version looks best but has an intentionally blank page there.

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

Ruud
Hallo Patryk,

> > And it seems only four disk-magazines were issued after the paper
> > version.

I was wrong here. I checked the sizes of my PDFs and found a sudden
decrease of size of the later ones. These turned out to be
disk-magazines as well. And suprisingly coming from this site as
well. But I got them from a friend, never had a reason to look into
one so I didn't notice.

> None of the copies has a readable page 11 though. Including yours.

In that case you can be sure it was an "only advertisements" page.
Where possible I left them out, certainly the colour ones. One
colour page was about 1 MB of size, quite a lot in those days, and
thus worth to be ommited in the opinion I had then. Nowadays I would
leave it for the sake of originality.

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl

> On 2018-08-08, at 18:02, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> None of the copies has a readable page 11 though. Including yours.
>
> In that case you can be sure it was an "only advertisements" page.
> Where possible I left them out, certainly the colour ones. One
> colour page was about 1 MB of size, quite a lot in those days, and
> thus worth to be ommited in the opinion I had then. Nowadays I would
> leave it for the sake of originality.

Yeah.. I know what you mean.. I guess I'd have similar dilemma some years ago. Regardless of that, thank you for pointing me to the right source and the scan too!

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

Julian Perry
Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?) Hello Silverdr,

[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Or grab it from somewhere without that passive agressive nonsense
https://archive.org/details/64er_1994_02

> I am not sure what "passive aggressive" [nonsense] is. The two
> seem to me like antonyms... But still - thank you for the link.

(O/T) Passive-aggressive is more an American term, but refers to behaviour which is pushy or agressive but which relies on using normally positive words in a negative way - a sort of intellectual cowardice if you will.

Back to the discussion :)

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

silverdr@wfmh.org.pl

> On 2018-08-09, at 02:54, Julian Perry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am not sure what "passive aggressive" [nonsense] is. The two
> > seem to me like antonyms... But still - thank you for the link.
>
> (O/T) Passive-aggressive is more an American term, but refers to behaviour which is pushy or agressive but which relies on using normally positive words in a negative way - a sort of intellectual cowardice if you will.

Yes, I found the one with dash in a dictionary. Without it (and neither having visited the site nor knowing the coined term) it looked like separate antonyms followed by "nonsense" to me ;-)

> Back to the discussion :)

With Ruud's and others help I have what I needed and we're basically done in this thread. Thank you guys.

Re: 6510 -> 6502 from 64'er (?)

On 08/08/2018 14:04, [hidden email] wrote:
> The "archive" version looks best but has an intentionally blank page
> there.

In which case they probably took the scans from 64er, they would
probably be interested in full scans.

The people behind archive.org don't care how big files are.