6502 / 65SC02 / 65C02 / 65C02S

Didier Derny
Recently on a machine a I saw a 65SC02...
I checked the differences...
I'm not absolutely sure...
apparently there are several CMOS version of the 6502 some compatible /
some incompatible
with more or les extra instructions

apparently the one with more instruction comes from WDC
but seems unavailable as a replacement to the standard 6502
is there a WDC version compatible (I think I saw one on jameco web site
4 or 5 years ago)
there is also a version with a different pinout

is there a clear description somewhere of the differences / the
available datasheet / and the available chips

I saw some nice web site explaining the differences but none with links
to the datasheet nor information on the availability

Re: 6502 / 65SC02 / 65C02 / 65C02S

Steve Gray
I haven't seen a document that specifically outlines the differences or availablilty. I think you'll have to sort that out by looking at the datasheets and checking vintage chip sellers or ebay. Anyway, I get all my commodore/6502-related datasheets at:

Steve

Re: 6502 / 65SC02 / 65C02 / 65C02S

Didier Derny

the wdc chip on http://6502.org/documents/datasheets/ has the incompatible pinout

but apparently they have one compatible with the pinout of the old 6502

I checked on ebay but they have tendancy to mix the chips...

On 20/12/2016 22:14, Steve Gray wrote:
I haven't seen a document that specifically outlines the differences or availablilty. I think you'll have to sort that out by looking at the datasheets and checking vintage chip sellers or ebay. Anyway, I get all my commodore/6502-related datasheets at:

Steve

Re: 6502 / 65SC02 / 65C02 / 65C02S

Steve Gray
Yes, you have to be careful with ebay. I ordered a 6512 and got some completely different chip. Eventually the seller found the right one, so that's good anyway.

Steve

On 12/20/2016 3:18 PM, didier derny wrote:

> the wdc chip on http://6502.org/documents/datasheets/ has the
> incompatible pinout

Can you clarify.  I looked at the WDC 65C02S pinout on the datasheet and
it seems to match my expectations for a 6502.  I only saw VPB pin on
65C02S as conflicting, as that's VSS on a NMOS 6502.

Re: 6502 / 65SC02 / 65C02 / 65C02S

Didier Derny
I have a 65c02s from wdc, I constated that plugged in place of a
standard 6502 it was not working

that's why I'm searching the difference, and I'm looking for the
"compatible chip" announced and jameco web site many years ago

I found some information to plug a 65c02s on apple1/apple2

http://www.westerndesigncenter.com/wdc/AN-002_W65C02S_Replacements.cfm